How long will this be good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snevey

Reaction score
I brewed my first all grain yesterday which was awesome! Everything was going great until I was ready to pitch my yeast. My starter smelled of god awful vinegar. I didn't pitch that, as that has to be infected. Although, I did decant the wort off the top of the yeast cake and put a small amount of the wort I just created and I woke up today to a beaker full of krausen and a little less vinegar smell emitting from it.

But, all I had was some Munich Hefeweizen yeast, so needless to say I was S.O.L. as my LHBS was CLOSED on Sunday. I'm heading there today at lunch to get some yeast to pitch and some to keep for brewmergencies. Will my wort be OK with no yeast for 24 hours in a sanitized fermenter?

What DRY yeast would be good to replace White Labs WLP001 California Ale yeast for a Yeungling "Lager" clone? I need something that I will not need a starter for and something that starts quick. I don't want this sitting too long without yeast/fermentation!

Yeah it will be ok.

Some people even do that on purpose as they do the no-chill thing. Letting it naturally cool overnight or such.

If your sanitation is good you can do that RDWHAHB thing

Yeah it will be ok.

Some people even do that on purpose as they do the no-chill thing. Letting it naturally cool overnight or such.

If your sanitation is good you can do that RDWHAHB thing

Oh, I did, but after everything was done...

Latest posts

Back