how long will juice last? can i add more fruit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyturner87

Reaction score
24 hours ago i added 300g blueberries, about 650g blackberries and like 4 plums, due to confusion from recipes, to around 4.2litres water to soak. Tonight i added sugar and pectolase nutrients tannin abd camden tablets. i now think i need add more fruit but i cant get to supermarket til tomorrow night. Its sittin in plastic bucket with tight lid. Is it ok add more fruit tomorrow and leave it a few more days before i strain off the pulp and ferment?

Galon recipe btw. Was going to top up water when added to demijohn.
Dya think thats enough fruit maybe?

The sulfites (camden) will protect the must. Maceration can last for up to several days depending on the style of wine you are making.

andyturner87 said:
Galon recipe btw. Was going to top up water when added to demijohn.
Dya think thats enough fruit maybe?

I typically use 3-5# fruit per gallon, and actually prefer more fruit for a better outcome and try to avoid water if I can. You can still add fruit, and many add up until the 2/3 sugar break. Just be aware late addition of fruit will impact your specific gravity and final alcohol content.

Back