how long is your hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firebat138

Reaction score
hehe.. ok... I have the Weldless Brewstand setup... and I have all the connections and hose for the pump, outlets, etc... I have 12 feet of hose... I have ONE pump... Should I make 3 - 4' hoses... or two 6' hoses... I am at work and trying to plan it out... Do I need three hoses is the real question... thanx

I have a single tier stand and single pump. I have camlocks on my bk/hlt/mt, pump, hoses. For most functions I use 2 hoses - BK/HLT/MT to pump then pump to BK/HLT/MT. When chilling I need a third hose, BK to Pump, Pump to Chiller, Chiller to fermenter. I use 2 - 4' and 1 - 5'

ok... we have a little bit of clear hose for our chiller... just realized i need a couple more connections... forgot the ones for the chiller... So 5 foot should be good to get from the pump to the recirculation on top of the mash tun... Should I have a second port up top on the BK as well

I'm sure it would make things easier but I just use a spring clamp to hold my hoses in place over the top edge. What are you using as a bk?

our BK is a keg... never thought of just using a clamp... we can do that... i measured today... looks like a 3 foot section would go from pump to HLT, 5 foot for the sparge or recirculation one... cool... cant wait... pump came in today... gonna try it all tomorrow

Back