how long is my wert going to last without yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You didn't need to start a new thread....

we asked a question and are waiting for an answer....

WHat makes you think you killed your yeat?

Most new brewers think their yeast is dead because they don't see airlock activity....Not seeing activity in the airlock doesn't mean your yeast is dead...airlock activity means very little...

Unless you pitched your yeast into boiling wort, most liekly you didn't kill your yeast.

AND fermentation can take up to 72 hours to begin...

I Think Its Dead Cause I Accidently Got It Up To 155 Degrees Before Add It

Okay, then you probably killed your yeast. And like you said you lhbs isn't open til wednesday.....Are you positive there's no place else in your area that has beer and winemaking supplies? (in fact google winemaking supplies, some of them will have beer yeast)

Where I live there's a liquor store that has an aisle of home brewing supplies...they don't have much but they're open on Sundays even when my LHBS is closed.

If you fill out your location on your profile maybe someone on here who lives near you has some yeast to spare....if you were in my area I'd letcha have some of my stash.

Worst case scenario...DOn't open your fermenter til wednesday....get yeast and pitch it...if you keep your fermenter sealed up you should be fine....

I did an experiment once with a quart of left over wort in a sealed container, I boiled the wort and cooled it to 80 as usual then sanitized my carboy and 1 quart mason jar with iodophor and filled both with the cooled wort. the wort kept fine at room temp for 2 weeks before I decided the experiment was over and drank it.

Basic brewing has a video where they used bread yeast to make beer. They claim it taste great just that the yeast is not flocculant enough.

I Killed My Yeast And My Home Brew Shop Does Not Opren Till Tuesday Will I Be Ok Or Is My First Batch Gone

I regret to nitpick here, but putting caps on every word in a sentence drives me insane, even more so than using no grammar at all, and just short of using "l33t sp34k".

Back