How I ran my CO2 line through the freezer wall

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiImBrian

Reaction score
To start off, I did this on my magic chef hmcf7w1. Other freezers may be different, but if you're slow and steady I don't see how you can ruin anything.

I have been wanting to mount my CO2 tank outside my freezer for a while now simply to monitor pressure easier and have more room for hoses and lines to not be so jammed up. After using a thermo gun to take multiple reading from different panels of my freezer i found that the hump wasn't necessarily as cold as some other areas. I had read that there is definitely potential for the hump to have coolant lines, so I wasn't about to just start drilling, but after poking around a bit I noticed that the corners didn't seem to be completely glued down. I used a screwdriver very carefully and was able to create a small opening in the corner that lead to a factory made hole in the compressor area of the freezer. After carefully boring out this hole with a screwdriver, I was able to easily slide the CO2 line through and out the other end.

It was really as simple as that. I'd like to reemphasize that I never touched a drill in this process and recommend you don't either. I created this thread simply to show an area of potential that may allow others to accomplish the same thing. I searched around a lot and never found any success stories, so here's one!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416378545.422810.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416378571.427508.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416378631.052380.jpg

Latest posts

Back