How I Got Kicked From Beer Advocate (& HBT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thrilled for the new Dragon Ball series too. I grew up on DBZ on Saturday mornings. Also grew up on Digimon and I'm slightly excited for the new reboot there too, but less so.

I need to rewatch Dragon Ball and DBZ again.

The question of the day...is this thread going to prevent me from doing work again today...

I didn't read your whole post, but I do want to ask how your pine needle beer came out. I like pine.

I was experimenting with an old beer style that originated in the scottish highlands that predated the widespread use of hops as a preservative. They used pine and spruce sprigs in the boil. I live in southeast TX and pine's are aplenty down here so I tried a wee heavy with a small addition of hops and about a quarter pound addition of pine needles at knockout. The pine didn't come through as much as I expected; I would probably add some needles a little earlier in the boil and use at least twice as much at knockout as I did before if I were to try again, but don't have plans to anytime soon. Good luck if you do.

If it burns does that mean you can add caramelized nut flavors?

Does anyone know the best fermentation temperature to bring out the delicate nutty notes? Assuming one doesn't caramelize them if pitched too hot.

If it burns does that mean you can add caramelized nut flavors?

Does anyone know the best fermentation temperature to bring out the delicate nutty notes? Assuming one doesn't caramelize them if pitched too hot.

My boys are happiest at about 100.

the crazy thing about the OP seeming like a troll is that he actually got 3 likes on the original post. AND he's made somewhere around 40 other comments on other threads... Although i guess the last one was a couple days ago now. So maybe he did get banned...

the crazy thing about the OP seeming like a troll is that he actually got 3 likes on the original post. AND he's made somewhere around 40 other comments on other threads... Although i guess the last one was a couple days ago now. So maybe he did get banned...

Not maybe. He was 19, which is instant outahere.

Before this thread is locked and the keys thrown away I just have one thing to say: Anyone that puts ketchup on eggs has to be crazy...now beer, that's okay IMHO.

Is it time for the goats yet? :goat:

Now them's fightin' words. Ketchup on scrambled cheddar eggs is awesome. :ban:

Hilariously, I worked at a commercial brewery when I was 19. They let me stay for a few years, so maybe I pissed less people off.

Sidebar: I really can't believe this thread is still going. @psylocide won it on page 1 or 2.

I do have a thought for @Austin the home page should have a topic of "trainwreck threads." It would include ones like this, ones locked by a moderator, etc. That would draw some interest to HBT.

well then, apparently he was the epitome of an idiotic troller.
lesson learned, if you're gonna troll, at least make sure that you're lying about your age if there is a minimum-age requirement in that forum...
but yes good job on the name change!

Noob Tip of the Day: If it burns your junk, it's too hot to pitch your yeast.

I read that in a book somewhere. Twice.

I want to quote you on that, repeatedly.

Not that it applies to me but is this country dependant? I mean the legal drinking age in Ireland is 18 same as the UK and most of Europe I'd imagine.

I'll go out on a limb here and give an answer as I believe it came up once before. It is under US Law because as far as I understand, the company was formed and is headquartered in the US. I also believe the servers are in the US. Therefore, I believe the rule sits within the confines of what US law deems the "legal drinking age" in spite of the age being lower in other countries.

I could be wrong, but I could have sworn this came up somewhere.

Perhaps this should be made a sticky. This is quite literally the greatest drunken rambling/mindless mumbling thread I've ever read on this site.

Hey, if you liked this one. Check out the "Please Delete":rockin: thread in General chit chat. It was another one that started out in prime time and was eventually moved.

Hey, if you liked this one. Check out the "Please Delete":rockin: thread in General chit chat. It was another one that started out in prime time and was eventually moved.

this thread has 78% less domesticated ruminant animals with backward curving horns and let's please keep it that way

Back