How does a beer trade work on here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfairious

Reaction score
Just started home brewing and been lurking and reading a lot on these forums. Got my keezer all set up and have 7 extract brews under my belt. Just made a Zombie dust clone and a Two Hearted clone. But I have never tasted either. I would like to trade for some of each. Would love to try Pliny too. Live in VT so have access to fresh Heady Topper. Is there a trade ratio or is it all 1:1?

Just started home brewing and been lurking and reading a lot on these forums. Got my keezer all set up and have 7 extract brews under my belt. Just made a Zombie dust clone and a Two Hearted clone. But I have never tasted either. I would like to trade for some of each. Would love to try Pliny too. Live in VT so have access to fresh Heady Topper. Is there a trade ratio or is it all 1:1?

It's whatever you and the other party decide on really some beers are harder to get than others and may command a 2:1 trade but again that seems to be up to the parties involved. Now I can get you two hearted either in the 16oz cans or sixers, I'm out of zd though. Lmk I you want to work something out for the two hearted. You can pm me if you want.

Heady Topper is an easy trade. I had a case over the summer and I got a lot of really good stuff in exchange.

some people want to trade dollar for dollar, which is fine. However, if I have something that's very difficult to get I'd probably want a little more. Especially since shipping is pretty pricey.

In my opinion, you can pretty much get anything you want if you have access to Heady. The boards are littered with people who want Heady and are willing to trade just about anything for it. That being said, it just depends on what you and the other party agree upon.

In my opinion, you can pretty much get anything you want if you have access to Heady. The boards are littered with people who want Heady and are willing to trade just about anything for it. That being said, it just depends on what you and the other party agree upon.

Well, I don't know about "anything". I usually do $4$ on Heady trades.

OP check my response to you in the other thread.

Sorry, but as I said, new to this. What does $4$ stand for? Money value for money value? Like Heady costs me $14-$15 a four pack so you'll trade the equal value of whatever else?
I don't want to get into money transactions. I just want to trade beer for beer ya know? Thanks for helping out a new guy.

Not money transaction, just someone gives you beer totalling what heady cost you.

Well, I don't know about "anything". I usually do $4$ on Heady trades.

OP check my response to you in the other thread.

I would say almost or close to anything. I traded just heady for a double barrel hunaphu a few days after the **** show at Huna day :) but like you said, the fairest way would be $4$. Hands down! Especially if it comes to readily available beers.

Back