How do you store/organize your brew supplies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use three smaller totes. One for prebrew day. It contains my scales, my water additions, a small pump for pumping my RO water from a 7 gallon container to my kettle, my brew notebook, etc.

The second tote has my brew day stuff. Refractometer, Thermoworks thermometer, whirlpool tube, stir spoon, hop bags, plastic cups for pH readings, magnet to keep from pitching the one from my starter, etc.

The third tube has my tubing in it. Kettle to pump, pump to kettle, etc., kettle drain tube, etc.

I started out using one large tub and got tired of having to dig around in it for what I was looking for. I'm sure there are better ways out there, but the three smaller tubs work for me.

Maryland Homebrew sells these Cobalt Blue plastic containers for their bulk LME for a little more than a buck each. They hold about 2 lbs of specialty grains, which is just about the right amount to keep on hand. Buy my Base Malt in 55 pound bags, and keep it in Rubbermaid Storage Bins next to my grain mill for quick access.

Currently:

Corner of the upstairs hallway: Kettles, buckets, equipment, tubing, spare grain, empty bottles.

Shelf in basement: filled bottles, wort chiller. Mash tun on floor.

Table in basement: fermenting bucket

Garage: Temp controlled freezer, burner next to bbq.

Bottles stored wherever I have space, kettles decorating my bay window counter, smaller stuff I use the small plastic tubs with latching lids from Walmart... I am planning to empty what was my only storage shed and turn it into a brew house and outdoor kitchen. It is off my deck where I roll out my Traeger to cook. Shed needs wiring and insulation then I am going with a steel liner. Floor is getting a rubber roof coating then maybe the exercise tiles that lock together for ease of cleaning, just hose it out the door... 12x16 will make a nice small brewery/kitchen space. A few garden tools will find their way in but that will take a corner is all.

I built a new 24x30 foot steel pole garage last fall so lots of room for stuff, brewery might land in there too since it is already insulated and finished inside... just have to decide if I want to lose a corner to a brew room.

I recently got my junk organized. View attachment 351296View attachment 351297View attachment 351298. Maybe I'm just lucky that my wife gives me the whole closet (plus the kegerator and the fermentation cheat freezer in the next room, jars of yeast in the fridge, and hops in the freezer) 8-P
This is so beautiful. Half my sh*t is (really all of it) stacked up the wall in my dining room (live in a townhouse, ain't got much storage). I really want one of those wire shelving units you have, I just don't want to pay for one when I need to spend money on more brewing equipment!

Thankfully, my girlfriend (who will likely be a permanent fixture) has a massive dilapidated shed in her backyard that we are getting ready to fix up and she's giving me free reign to make it my woodshop/brew shop!

Latest posts

Back