How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Searching for brewing tips and recipies on Google. HBF has popped up a lot of the time, so I figured I would join and skip the searching.

Google looking for help getting started. Been here ever since. Been an invaluable resource.

Don't even like other forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Google. I was starting my first kit batch (in 15-20 years? unless Mr. Beer doesn't count) and I was looking for details about the boiling process. I found (of course) many sites with relevant info, but the obvious knowledge and the cordiality of the members here immediately attracted me, and all of my subsequent searches throughout my first brew (and beyond) started at the top of this page only! I've probably done a couple dozen searches for various homebrew info and I'm only 3 days into this journey! Glad to beer here!

Similar to the experiences of the plurality, I found HBT through a Google search. I have been reading HBT for the past year and a half without signing up, until today.

Google! I've been finding topics here and there using different searches, and finally decided to register now that I have some questions of my own.

Hello all. Please bear with me as I endeavor to learn how to participate.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Does anyone add additional yeast at secondary fermentation? Activity slows down dramatically after a few days.

Google. I was searching for info on krausen and came across this site. After a couple more of my searches kept bringing up this site, I decided to join.

Does anyone add additional yeast at secondary fermentation? Activity slows down dramatically after a few days.

The function of the yeast to ferment is done after 4 days or so. The rest of the time is to let the beer age...so to speak. Secondaries are used primarily clarify or sit for long aging, like a barleywine. The short answer is never...unless your doing a sour, but thats a whole other process.

I saw it in the android market place when i looked/searched for a good Home brew calculator app now work will never ever get completed lol :D

...was searching for a set of starter equipment for my first batch of brew, and came here due to the posting about the Gold starter kit. Received it today and, voila! - starting up tomorrow with a go at an IPA. Fingers crossed!
:mug:

-EC

Y'all had some bad-a solutions for home brewing equipment and process control... Found via bing (I don't always use a search engine, but when I do prefer non-google)

Every time I looked up how to do anything.... or wondered if all was lost.... this site brought me back to reality. RDWHAHB... so to speak. I always told myself I'd join up just to pay for all the good advice but never took the time until every vessel I had was full of something fermenting... don't need money to buy grain or hops if there is nowhere to put it, so I joined!

Started brewing couple month back and are entering the kegging 'phase' and found some amazing threads about keezers through google that would complete the playing around to 'on-tap' and bar is open 'phase' :)

Welcome! :mug:

Please let us know how you found HomeBrewTalk.com ....

I found this website by going to Google and typing 'kombucha forum'. Now I am perusing much more than brewing kombucha. Thanks for a great community.

My brother and I started brewing and decided to start with some extract brews. I wanted to learn more and stumbled upon homebrewtalk.com. This will be a great place for me to soak up as much knowledge as I can on this subject.

I bought a used kegerator for the first time with no beer lines and had trouble with foaming issues after I bought some lines at a blue home improvement store.
So I went to google for some help and found this awesome community!!

Back