How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
quietly looking for current information on how to brew at home and this turned up, so here I am.

My local beer store. That shut down. Last Wednesday. Tears in me empty beer stein.

Was searching for information on creating a wort chiller and found several instructional threads in the forum, then kept looking through and it seemed like a great community!

Just started brewing a few months ago, and everytime I did a search on the internet for a question I had, homebrewtalk.com would come up so i finally just joined the forum.

I searched for a specific question and homebrewtalk came up. Rinse and repeat. Decided to come from the shadows and contribute or get schooled when needed!

I'm a noob at this brew thing, but I have been a beer drinker for years. My wife aquired 2 Mr Beer kegs and I am 3 weeks into my first brew.I found this site thru the Mr Beer site. this is a hobby that I will probably keep. saloom. Looking for fellow brewers in Oklahoma.

Found the site doing a random Google Play search for beer-related apps. HomeBrewTalk came up as one of the first ones, so I had to have a look. Really well done site, I must say. Lots of good info, most of the users are very helpful and understanding, there's detailed descriptions of projects, and there's more of a willingness to admit mistakes and ask for help (versus some of the auto forums I'm on where they get kinda snarky w/you if you don't know something).

I found you all by doing countless Google searches about questions I had on home brewing. I have been "stalking" the site for a little over a month. Did my first all grain batch yesterday with disaster after disaster- but loved every minute of it. Glad I signed up. Im sure ill have so many "noob" questions, but Ill do a search first, because Im sure most have already been answered. Glad to be a chic who brews her own beer.

typed "home brew forum" in google

sent me here and Im glad t did, great site full of very helpful info for us noobs.

Thanks and keep up the good work

Just joined 5 minutes ago. Like most, kept googling random questions in search of answers being a noob and this forum came up. Figured I would cut out middle man and join. Just brewed my second batch. First was Fat Tyre and this am bottled 28 (22oz) knockoff Magic Hat #9 half apricot, half blueberry. Looking forward to learning as I am a complete beginner but have gotten great knowledge already from my local brew store DIY Brewing in Ludlow, Ma. Mike, you're the man!!

Was looking for advice and found this app for my iPhone. Fantastic! This Sunday I am brewing my first batch. Very excited.

It all started when a friend brought over a Mr.Beer keg starter kit. So I start looking for diy info and the various starter kit components so I may best pursue this wonderful new hobby. A couple beers and bong hits into my google searches and I found some article here and now you're stuck with me.

My first batch I didn't let ferment long enough after the activity stopped and the recipe called for dry sugar in each bottle. It came out way too sweet and flat because it was the first batch and I wasn't patient. It did work if you were willing to drink it, which I was. The second batch I let ferment much longer after the activity stopped and the sweetness was gone from it when I bottled. I also boiled some water then took it off the burner and added the sugar called for, then mixed it all together before I bottled. It came out much better than the first batch. First Decent Batch

HomeBrewTalk 2013 Big Giveaway got me all warm and fuzzy till I realized it's done over past kapoot. Might want to take that off the sticky until next time :)

I've been lurking in the world of homebrewing for about 6 months while I attempt to understand the art of brewing and have been directed to this forum numerous times.

Random link on a kegging page somewhere.

My name is Matt--- been homebrewing for about 10 years, and getting ready to open a brewery in Columbus Ohio!!!!!

Thanks everybody!!!!!

Google..how else.

Same as most, had a million questions and kept getting directed here anyways so I stayed. Only 995,002 more questions to go.

Google seems to favor this board above all others. And all others seem to pale in comparison. I have learned a ton from everyone here in just 3 short months of my brewing odyssey. Thanks.

Bing - Was hoping to find a decent local forum, but no such luck.

Also, heard the site talked about a few times on Reddit.

I was trying to learn how to make wine from fruit when I stumbled onto HBT. I read what I could about country wines and wine kits, then I started noticing all of the traffic on the beer side. I read and read for about 6 months, after realizing that I was only a beer kit away from a partial boils (I already had a 4 gallon pot I used for canning) I decided to give it a try. GOD was it awful. Six months later that first batch still tastes bad, but I have one from time to time, but my other beers are very good. I'm working with full boils now. I have a piece or two set aside for all grain, but my main concern is getting a fermentation chamber built (my future father-in-law has a mini-fridge that he's looking to get rid of, I just have to get it to travel about 500 miles). I still make a lot of wine, much more than I do beer at the moment, but I'm looking at expanding both, turning my basement into a cellar, and filling up the bottles that I have sitting around. The pipe line is starting to grow, I have two brews that are drinkable (plus the first batch, that just isn't), two that are bottle conditioning, one in secondary, a cider in primary, and two brews in the works. I'm really happy with how it's all working out. Thank you HBT!

Back