How cold is it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
60F here and I'm (seriously) freezing. Was warm yesterday, will be warm tomorrow, but getting some rain today. I wouldn't mind moving a bit more south.

Don't know how you all handle that cold up there in the frozen tundra.

You get used to it. I almost had to put a coat on this morning to start the Jeep.

-18 Celsius.....with wind chill feeling like -35 at the moment......freeze your face off wether here in Southern Ontario!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Up in double digits this morning 16°f hope it gets a little warmer when I finally close on my house next week

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

Up in double digits this morning 16°f hope it gets a little warmer when I finally close on my house next week

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

It doesn't look like it's going to warm up that much in the next week. I'd suggest that you move the house closing to an indoor location.... are you buying or selling?

Sent from my HOME MADE DESKTOP not using Home Brew mobile app.

83 today on the beautiful Tropical Island of Grand Cayman.

...but I don't live in Grand Cayman. 25 in west Tennessee :( ...I want to move South.

You get used to it. I almost had to put a coat on this morning to start the Jeep.

Northerners always get a laugh down here by driving passed school bus stops when the temps dip into the 50's.

Kids wearing hats, scarves, sweaters & jackets, two pair of socks on their hands.

I have a cold ride into work today, it may only be 49 but it's raining and that makes for a miserable motorcycle ride, even with a good rain suit.

My truck said 3 in my driveway this morning. it was 10 when I got to the office. YAY it's warming up!!!

18 this morning. I ALMOST didn't wear a coat at all this morning to work. But then it's supposed to be like 25+ MPH winds and 1-3 inches tonight, so I decided I better take it to work for tonight.

1-3 is barely worth shoveling, but when it's blowing around, the drifts can get pretty bad. The trucks are barely bothering to keep them knocked down now. I guess the thrill is gone for them.

My back door wouldn't open this morning. I think the lock was frozen as the door knob wouldn't turn. :( Fortunately the garage door opener was able to raise the garage door. :)

We're havin a tropical heat wave here this morning! +34F & it's supposed to be that way today & tomorrow. 28 Sunday. I'll take it!:mug:

They didn't even end up closing school today. Maybe the teachers figured out they were slowly eating away their summer vacation...

Around here it's the Superintendent that makes the call, the teachers wait around the same as the students for the news. The rule is basically if the temperature is a sustained -15° wind chill then school is cancelled. You can't have the kiddies waiting at the bus stop or walking in frostbite weather.

It's a rather balmy +24°F outdoors right now. We got another 2-3 inches of snow overnight, but in northern Illinois, the salt has been on the roads for weeks! The plows were busy today, but earlier this morning when my wife and I ventured out for our weekly trip to Starbuck's on the Square in Woodstock, Illinois, the roads were crappy but passable. Certainly nothing like what happened in Atlanta. We'll be back below zero Monday night, and get more snow on Tuesday. So it goes.

glenn514:mug:

It's a rather balmy +24°F outdoors right now. We got another 2-3 inches of snow overnight, but in northern Illinois, the salt has been on the roads for weeks! The plows were busy today, but earlier this morning when my wife and I ventured out for our weekly trip to Starbuck's on the Square in Woodstock, Illinois, the roads were crappy but passable. Certainly nothing like what happened in Atlanta. We'll be back below zero Monday night, and get more snow on Tuesday. So it goes.

I sure don't miss Northern Illinois winters. We're back up to more normal temperatures here in West Virginia, it actually stayed above freezing last night. I might see the last of the ice on my driveway by tomorrow!

I'm sure that we will get more winter soon, but a little breather feels good now.

It was 75 degrees on Friday, and now it's 30 with sleet coming down, just north of Dallas. A typical winter in North Texas.

At least I will be inside by a warm fire, drinking a cold beer at kick-off. :mug:

It is currently 72 in Puerto Rico which is why we moved here from Richmond.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Home Brew mobile app

This morning, the sun was out in all its brilliance...and it was +9°F! But even that felt warm, compared with some of the cold stuff we've had to handle. Tonight: -10°F again! And more snow on Tuesday. Ah, winter!

Living on Lake Michigan we get tourists all summer... I think I like the cold weather better. You can get where you want to go in 2 foot of snow faster than a 83° day in the summer.

Hey, ice skating is faster than walking. It don't mean I'd prefer it.

But, in all honesty, it gets a bit boring being green and hot all year. I do miss the change of seasons.

It seems that our weather prognosticators [aka groundhogs] grossly underestimated our overnight low. It was predicted to be -9°F, however it is currently -18°F! Oops! And a few days ago, schools were closed because of SINGLE digits below zero. Today??? The school buses ran as normal. Go figure! I think it may have more to do with the fact that school districts have used up all their "snow days," and can't afford another day closed...also known as tax dollars!

Today, we are currently at +16°F, with a prognostication of +24°F as a high. And more snow beginning this afternoon and into tomorrow. Soon, we'll have to start trucking the white stuff to farmer's fields!

When we lived on that mountain in PA,they used earth moving equipment to remove the snow that was butt deep til June. They had to find other places to dump the huge mountains of snow though. They were so big & heavy,they left shallow craters in the farmer's fields!

It seems that our weather prognosticators [aka groundhogs] grossly underestimated our overnight low. It was predicted to be -9°F, however it is currently -18°F! Oops! And a few days ago, schools were closed because of SINGLE digits below zero. Today??? The school buses ran as normal. Go figure! I think it may have more to do with the fact that school districts have used up all their "snow days," and can't afford another day closed...also known as tax dollars!

Well, I guess they still have a few to spare around here. Another snow day!!!Wee hoo

Latest posts

Back