How Can I Possibly RDWHAHB??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArcticBear

Reaction score
Last night I undertook a small endeavor...

I formulated my own recipe for the first time, picked up my grains from the homebrew shop and within the scope of 4.5 hours, I:

-Heated my mash water
-Doughed in
-Hit my mash temp dead nuts
-Made a 1.6L starter for my current brew (didnt have time to do it before)
-Chilled starter, pitched yeasties onto stir plate
-Cooked 4 Jalapeno bubba burgers for the girl and I
-Heated my sparge water to temp
-Mashed out
-Batch sparged, again hit my sparge temp dead nuts
-Ate Dinner, -burgers and salad
-Drained all into the kettle
-hit preboil gravity spot on (volume was a little high though, but that's ok)
-Began the boil
-Added all my additions while cleaning my mash tun
-Cooled with my immersion chiller
-Drained kettle into fermenter
-let fermenter sit over night until starter was ready this morning
-Washed the brew kettle and put everything away
-drank 7+ beers during this entire time while racing around between the garage, the kitchen, the deck where the grille is located!

the girlfriend wanted to assist but i was moving at such a high speed i knew what i needed to do but couldnt take an extra minute to stop and use words to say what i needed to do! hahah

my shortest all grain brew day to date, all successful except being low on OG, partly in due to the excess volume mashed out, don't really care about abv so this isn't as critical because its a new recipe and i have nothing to compare it to.

I'm finding as the more i brew the more efficient i am becoming at managing time. I dont really like rushing around at 100 miles an hour, although it is fun. I'm just exhausted this morning haha

now we play the waiting game for the beer to ferment while i'm on vacation, then its to the dry hopping and kegging!

:ban:

I couldn't help but imagine the dancing banana saying all of this really really fast like he was in a hurry. I kept wanting to say wooaaahh man... relax

heres to efficiency :mug:

haha while i was boiling in the kettle i had my laptop out playing some pandora and was dancing in a similar fashion to get some extra laughs out of the girlfriend haha

Relaxing isn't always a result of moving slow. It is an inner state of mind. If you are relaxed mentally, then you can enjoy whatever you are doing, or however. One can be relaxed while running or doing some other physical activity - just because your body is working hard, doesn't mean you are stressed about the action itself. You are enjoying it. If you enjoy working efficiently and quickly without being stressed, then you are definitely relaxed.

What are Jalepeno Bubba Burgers? They sound freaking delicious!

Bubba Burgers with Jalapenos mixed into the patties. Probably one of the most unhealthy burgers you could eat but they taste so good.

made with some cheese and hot fresh salsa on a roll... almost makes me want to make them again tonight haha

jalapenobubbaburger.jpg

i'm excited to see how my first recipe turns out :mug:

This is why for AG batches I plan for an all day event and typically with friends. It usually starts at 11 or noon, and goes until 5 or 6pm. The entire time my friends and I are RDWHAHBin', cranking some tunes, and usually going to town on some BBQ. Having 4-5 people there with 1 being the meister helps in those efforts. Doing it all solo would definitely prove a busy session. Congrats to you for getting it all done on your own in 4.5 hrs! NOW is the time to RDWHAHB. :mug:

Relaxing isn't always a result of moving slow. It is an inner state of mind. If you are relaxed mentally, then you can enjoy whatever you are doing, or however. One can be relaxed while running or doing some other physical activity - just because your body is working hard, doesn't mean you are stressed about the action itself. You are enjoying it. If you enjoy working efficiently and quickly without being stressed, then you are definitely relaxed.

growing up in new england i can find peace and relaxation while going 1000 miles an hour...i enjoyed every moment of last night so it was all worth it :mug:

Back