How can I mount a secondary CO2 regulator to the wall of my DIY keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zabuza

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a standard horizontal chest freezer, a whirlpool, that I’ve outfitted with an external thermometer to make it a fridge...you know the setup. I was wondering how to mount a secondary regulator to one of the inside walls of the fridge without hitting the cooling coils that are in said walls. I remember someone pointing out that if you cycle the power in some way condensation will form on the coils and you can then see them. Would I just do that and then hope for the best? Is there a better way? My searches aren’t really turning up anything

Edit: whoops, by “do that” I meant “locate the coils and then mount the regulator with screws taking care to avoid those coils”

I've found that if you get the wall clean and dry, those 3M Command adhesive strips work really well for hanging stuff inside a keezer. I have my CO2 manifold mounted with one, and I use them and zip times to keep my gas lines under control and out of the way.

I've found that if you get the wall clean and dry, those 3M Command adhesive strips work really well for hanging stuff inside a keezer. I have my CO2 manifold mounted with one, and I use them and zip times to keep my gas lines under control and out of the way.

That’s a good idea. No damage to the wall, either. They don’t lose grip if they get wet after you mount them? So long as you mount them dry, they’re good for a while?

Yeah I've had the ones in mine on there for probably two years, still hanging tough. I basically cleaned the area with a dry towel, then rubbed it hard enough to produce some heat so it wouldn't immediately get wet again from condensation. Then I wiped it clean with an alcohol pad and stuck on the strip as soon as it was dry.

You can drill into the lid as well. Even mount a bolt through the top. Bonus is the regulators are looking at you when you open it up. Works better if you have something built around the keezer to hide the hardware.

Back