how bout 3 of these for ag.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a keg with 2 1/2 welded fitting and the top cut off. for $180?
Depends on your personal view of the ethical debate on the subject and what you have available locally. I Personally paid $20/piece for my kegs and the $20 TOTAL for 6 welded fittings plus cost of fittings. SO I probably had $100 if two kegs with 3 welded fittings each and cut the tops off myself.

This is such a gray area based on the ethical viewpoint of used kegs, Personal DIY level, and Locally available welders. If I had $540 to drop at once, I'd end up with much more than 3 unfinished kegs.

My price is about a 6th of the list price. Or I can get the kegs whole for about 10 bucks a piece. Waiting for a response back from my guy at sabco and see what he says. I know people who can weld stainless but they are less than reliable as in the last time I gave them something to weld it was a month before I saw it again.

For those who are not handy, can not tig weld or silver solder this is a friggin bargin. These are legally procured kegs so you won't loose sleep over them either.

havent decided completely on getting these i may rather get the whole kegs myself and convert them how i want, i was thinking a rims system

1/6th price gives you that for $30...buy as many as he'll sell you :mug:

+10,000 Snap those babies up immediately. You'll never be able to beat that price unless you steal the kegs and get the fittings and welding done for free. Buy a dozen if you can. What kind of deal could you get on a complete Brew Magic? That's what I would buy if I could get it for 1/6th list price.

i dont know i wish i had the money for one. the 6th was an estimate he gave me he is looking right now. if the price is cost prohibitive which im a cheap college student then i will get the unmolested kegs from him, his quote on legally obtained kegs was "next to nothing" so im assuming .01, in my mind that right next to nothing, but i would be happy to pay 20 bucks a keg, thats cheaper than deposit.

i dont know i wish i had the money for one. the 6th was an estimate he gave me he is looking right now. if the price is cost prohibitive which im a cheap college student then i will get the unmolested kegs from him, his quote on legally obtained kegs was "next to nothing" so im assuming .01, in my mind that right next to nothing, but i would be happy to pay 20 bucks a keg, thats cheaper than deposit.

You could probably scrap them for more than $20 each.

just talked to my buddy said the best he could do on the universals was to knock 50 bucks off or include a free ball valve and thermometer. but got the pricing on the used kegs, they are not cleaned but will have a waffle pattern pressed into the upper rim to remove the previous brewery name. may be scratch and dent but pretty kegs dont make good beer, 40 bucks a keg, not bad. he tried to get some better prices but its a little slow there right now so maybe later i can get that sweet deal on a brew magic

40 a keg isn't bad. Not great, but I'd say average. Benefit is you're getting "possibly illegal" price when promised legality. I'm assuming this is only untouched kegs? I'd still buy 3 if you had the money.

Back