How bad would it be if I...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
obviously your OG would be cut by half so it would be very bad for 1.040 beer and not so bad for 1.080 but still very different beer than suppose to be

What about the hops as well? Might as well just go buy a 6 pack of Bud light......

You'd have to drink twice as much to get the same effect. Oh and it would have half the flavor. Take a SNPA and mix with an equal amount of club soda. That will give you an idea.

What about the hops as well? Might as well just go buy a 6 pack of Bud light......
Well... I was gonna double the hops. I'm just trying to be a cheapskate, I guess.

The intent was trying to come up with a "Light" beer. The beer we're making right now is just sooo rich and full, I was just wondering if a little bit less sugar, but more yeasties and hops would work well enough.

You'd have to drink twice as much to get the same effect. Oh and it would have half the flavor. Take a SNPA and mix with an equal amount of club soda. That will give you an idea.
But I don't like club soda. :(

I guess the only way to get beer cheaper than from extract brewing is from all grain, no?

Back