how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Hoppy2bmerry

Cheer Up Hug GIF by Pudgy Penguins

I was also going to comment on how terrible it would be to marinate them alive.

Do adult cicadas have digestive systems? I think they do. That should probably be removed before preparing, kinda like how the "vein" is removed from shrimp.

Yes Kent, of course they have digestive tracks. Good cooks do purge various critters snails are fed carrots for example before they meet their demise and clams are often purged with salted water with cornmeal added. The duration of the process is different for snails vs clams. Even if the bugs 💩 because they are drowning in a marinade they are then adding to the marinade. Yummy, enjoy.

Yes Kent, of course they have digestive tracks.

I assumed they do, but I thought the final, adult form of cicadas priorities were just scream and mate. Maybe I was thinking of mayflies, I think some of those don't eat as adults.

Bugs are weird.

Yes they are weird or rather very different from mammals and creatures with internal skeletons. The experts say they still may feed on plant sap for their last six ish weeks of life. I guess screaming, mating etc takes some energy. BTW, I’m not happy that your comment caused me to look it up. 🤨

For me it's often - Where would I mount a pulley in the garage, and do I have enough wood in the garage attic to build a stand for the Anvil? What ratio of brown and chocolate malts should I use in my next brown ale?

Latest posts

Back