Hoshizaki beer server- tower diameter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamieboot

Reaction score
Have just got my hands on a Hoshizaki beer server here in Japan. It has room for 2/3 sanke kegs and one single faucet stainless steel tower.

I am interested in buying an extension kit and making it into a 3 tap wonder. I have seen talk of 3'' towers. Are they standard internationally?

Mine is a cylindrical with a cap on the top that exposes the beer line. It's insulated with some sort of foam. I measured at the very top and it was 3.5" diameter. The insulated part was about 2.5"-3" diameter.

Is this the standard?

What kind of extension kit should I buy?

Cheers

I don't know for sure but it might not be standard, are the faucets metric or standard beer thread? If it is 3.5" tower you have enough room to install at least one more shank, possibly even 2 more if you stagger them. You might not need a extension. Also do a search for PVC tower, you can make your own tower with PVC pipe from the home improvement store. Or is beer serving equipment readily available in japan

Does the 3" diameter refer to the very top of the tower. It gets narrower about an inch down as that's where the insulation foam starts.

I'm not sure if the thread is metric or imperial. How can I tell? Most stuff in Japan is metric though....

What kind of shaft would I need to buy? Can you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

J

Basically if the diameter of my tower is 3.5" at the top but slightly narrower inside do you think one of the standard 3" tower extensions will work?

Back