Horny Copia from Stevens Point, WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maynard6kk

Reaction score
Wow!! I just got a sampler six pack from a local liquor store with a few different pumpkin beers. (I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR! :rockin:)

Just tried a beer called the Horny Copia, by the Horny Goat Brewing Co in Stevens Point, WI. Love it!! The pumpkin taste isn't overwhelming and flows well without leaving a strong aftertaste; the smell reminds me of a pumpkin pie (which I also love).

Next time I go up there I'll try to find the brewery and see about some other beers that they've got.

Just thought I'd share my new find and hopefully others can give it a try!

Horny Copia is brewed by Rex Beverage Holdings out of Onalaska Wisconsin, although stevens point brewery makes a whole hog pumpkin ale that is very tasty. Actually I am a fan of most of stevens point brews.

After further investigation, The brand is owned by a marketing company from Onalaska, most likely contract brewed in Stevens point, and their brewpub is in Milwaukee. So most likely it is a lot like their whole hog.

We actually just purchased an extract kit for a pumpkin ale but in my opinion you can never have too much and we're currently deciding on a theme for our upcoming wedding. I'm leaning toward a brewer's wedding and having a pumpkin ale would be AWESOME. :)

Thank you for the recipe. We'll try it next!! :D

maynard6kk said:
We actually just purchased an extract kit for a pumpkin ale but in my opinion you can never have too much and we're currently deciding on a theme for our upcoming wedding. I'm leaning toward a brewer's wedding and having a pumpkin ale would be AWESOME. :)

Thank you for the recipe. We'll try it next!! :D

What company was the extract from?

Back