Hoptimus Prime

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D*Bo

Reaction score
I was out in Reading, PA for training llast week.
I had the pleasure of getting a private tour of Legacy Brewing. Realy nice group of guys down there.
I got a taste of the Hoptimus Prime. Damn is that some good stuff. A double IPA far better than any West Coast brew that I've had.

Excelent hop aroma and flavor without leaving an astringint hop aftertaste. You would never know this is a 10% brew (they had to knock it down from over 12%, nobody wanted to carrry it).

I know it was a hommebrewing bartender that came up with this. A restaraunt owner has this made by Legacy.

Anyway, I'm looking to see if anybody has a recipe for this. I can't find anything other than reviews on the net.

Never tried it but the name is classic! The fact you said you can't tell the alcohol content tells me it's well balanced which makes a great IIPA. If I ever see it I'll give it a shot.

BTW, isn't it the big alcohol beers that usually sell the best..? Maybe not..but I'm not sure why somebody wouldn't want to carry a 12% brew...

Okay that name is AWESOME!! Have to find some for the impending masive get together we are planing for when the New Transformers Movie comes out

SpamDog

Sorry, but the only place you are going to find it is a Union Jacks pub, all of which are located in eastern and central PA.

My local homebrew shop owner works for a distributer in RI and really wants to get Legacy in this area (they just got into NY city two weeks ago and aren't looking to expand much past that right now). I may be going to work for them soon, so if he got it, it would be in MA shortly after (at mty select locations :D).
Unfortunately I don't think they are allowed to distribute the Hoptimus Prime. Brewed under agreement for Union Jacks.

I believe if you took a trip down to PA, you could get some growlers filled, but mine didn't travel to well. Then again mine was filled directly from the tap wiithout a tube, so lots of head was dumped off, and a lot of the hop flavor and aroma was lost as well as carbonation.

I think I should send an email to see if I can get a recipe, or make a trip to pick up a log of it.

Back