Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope, it's not you. this is the time of the year that all the suppliers are out of the popular varities and the harvests aren't quite done drying, processing, packaging. i stocked up in about june with a lb each of some of my favorite varieties. give it a month or so and your LHBS should be all good. have you tried the big internet shops. probably much better availability.

You think it's bad now... Look over at the probrewer.com forum where brewpubs and small craft brewers are running out and looking for trades. That's kinda scary considering we are the small fish in this pond.

Try HopsDirect.com They have a few stock-outs, but had a fair selection when I last visited. If they don't have exactly what you want, they may have a lesser known variety that would be similar. Maybe a good time to try a new variety.

Plus - the best part - several posters have commented about their generosity in packaging hops. I received my order today, three 1-lb packages, and they weighed in at 5 lbs-2oz. Each bag had 10-12 extra ounces. Needless to say, I'll be hopped for a while.

They're a first class operation and one that I'll be happy to business with in the future.

My LHBS was out of my first three choices saturday. I still brewed saturday night though. I have no idea what Northen and Perle will taste like together.

Back