Hops that create a Pineapple flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcreBrewer

Reaction score
After trying Pineapple Tessellation form Lone Pine in Portland ME. My wife wants to make something close. She wants most of the pineapple flavor to come from the hops / hop combinations. She does plan to age it on some form of real pineapple at the end. I have a good base NEIPA recipe I use which is a really good clone of Swish. Anyone ever achieve this flavor in their beers?

While I've not used them personally but have had them in commercial beers, I get a lot of pineapple from galaxy hops.

I did a Summit/GP SMaSH (all whirlpool, no boil hops) and it tasted like pure pineapple juice.

Denali and Vic Secret combined will definitely get you there. Lone Pine has been nailing it and I picked up a case of Raspberry Sparkler last weekend. I am getting a little irritated, however, that every time I'm in Portland there's no Oh-J until 3 days after I head back home.

I did a Summit/GP SMaSH (all whirlpool, no boil hops) and it tasted like pure pineapple juice.

What is a Summit/GP smash?

I pretty much do the same in all my NEIPA's. Big whirlpool addition. A good amount at 2 or 3 days of primary fermentation. Then one last charge after fermentation is complete.

A local brewery in Columbia, SC uses Belma hops in their house double IPA. Very mild but noticeable pineapple nose and flavor!

Vic Secret
- pine and pineapple
El Dorado
- watermelon jolly rancher and pineapple
Denali
- pineapple and weed
Zythos
- pineapple and resin
Michigan Chinook
- haven’t used it

Ferment it with Sacch Trois at 75

Back