Hops combination question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoH20

Reaction score
Making a NEIPA tomorrow. I have Mosaic, El Dorado, Amarillo and Simcoe on hand.

I was thinking of Amarillo at 10 mins, or maybe flameout and then whirlpool with Mosaic and El Dorado. Maybe a splash of Amarillo then also?

Should I do a small bitter addition at 60 mins with something like Warrior? Use the Simcoe there?

Thanks!!

For NEIPAs I usually do a small 15 IBU bittering charge with Warrior (or Nugget, Columbus, etc.). That's about 7-12 grams. Then no hops until whirlpooling at reduced temps, first at 170F for 10' and the second at 150F for 30'. You'll get plenty of bittering from those, even at 150F.

Hops boiled for 60' leave not much flavor, so save the tasty and fragrant ones for later.

Same for all my NEIPAs and Milkshake IPAs. about .25oz of Warrior at 60, but then nothing until 150 degree 30 minute whirlpool, then 1 or 2 dryhop charges

For NEIPAs I usually do a small 15 IBU bittering charge with Warrior (or Nugget, Columbus, etc.). That's about 7-12 grams. Then no hops until whirlpooling at reduced temps, first at 170F for 10' and the second at 150F for 30'. You'll get plenty of bittering from those, even at 150F.

Hops boiled for 60' leave not much flavor, so save the tasty and fragrant ones for later.
Great hop at 15 minutes for IPAs, my go to.

Latest posts

Back