Hops and Lactobacillus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falstaff

A Bad Influence
Reaction score
Gonna brew a beer this weekend using a blend with lactobacillus and Brett in it.

What should I do about hops? Instructions say keep it under 3ibu so the lactobacillus can do it's thing. Should I just not use hops at all in the boil and dry hop at the end of aging?

Should I just not use hops at all in the boil and dry hop at the end of aging?
Yes. Or you can use a hop tea. Just add the hops when it’s close to your desired sour level. If you are doing a long aged mixed ferm then there is likely pedio and Brett which may make additional acids later in the aging process.

Yes. Or you can use a hop tea. Just add the hops when it’s close to your desired sour level. If you are doing a long aged mixed ferm then there is likely pedio and Brett which may make additional acids later in the aging process.

It's Sour Batch by Imperials. No pedio, from what I've read. I might add it myself, though. I'll do the tea method. Is there any consensus on if I need to add sugar for isomerization? I want bitterness but not aroma.

Just realized I posted this in the wrong area too, probably.

Back