Hop Spider and KAB4 Wind Screen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work. Have you compaired the time it takes to move the temp of the water on some batch that you exicute often? I had a guy I know cut down the legs on mine and weld them where my kettle should be about 1.5 inches off the burner. I haven't used them yet though...

Nice work. Have you compaired the time it takes to move the temp of the water on some batch that you exicute often? I had a guy I know cut down the legs on mine and weld them where my kettle should be about 1.5 inches off the burner. I haven't used them yet though...

I have not compare the times, but it is a significant increase in heat on the pot. I used a scrap sheet of 1/8" aluminum to shield by HLT valve from any heat that was rolling out from under the pot. The steel on the stand was red hot at one point under the pot and I melted a half moon section in the aluminum before I turned it down!

Latest posts

Back