• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania Hop Rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HALIFAXHOPS

Reaction score
I still have some rhizomes for sale. They are all 3 ea and 6 shipping for up to 12. The cascades are 2 ea or 6 for 10.

2014 RHIZOMES

CASCADE
CHINOOK
CENTENAL
GALENA
GLACIER
HALLERTAU
MAGNUM
NUGGET
GOLDING
TETNAG
FUGGLE
WILLIIMETTE

THESE ARE RAISED AND HARVESTED FROM MY FIELD.
If you want I can send you an invoice if you give me your e-mail address. My paypal is [email protected]. You can just send payment and make sure in the remarks is your HBT username, full mailing address and what you ordered. Or just PM me.
Thanks, Ray

The cascade I purchased are in the ground and doing fine. Hopefully they will be climbing by the first of the week. He's a great guy to do business with.

Glad to hear it, From the feedback I am getting it seems like an awesome percentage (if handled well before planting) are doing well. Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I have left.
2014 RHIZOME PRICES

CASCADE 2 EA OR 6/10
CHINOOK 3 EA
CENTENAL 3 EA
GLACIER 3EA
HALLERTAU 3EA
MAGNUM 3EA
GOLDING 3EA
TETNAG 3EA
WILLIIMETTE 3EA

Shipping is 6.00 for up to 12.

THESE ARE RAISED AND HARVESTED FROM MY FIELD.
If you want I can send you an invoice if you give me your e-mail address. My paypal is [email protected]. You can just send payment and make sure in the remarks is your HBT username, full mailing address and what you ordered. Or just PM me.

Ill take 12 cascade, 5 columbus, 5 centennial, 2 Glacier.. Send me an invoice to [email protected] please and I will send payment.. PS .. my zip is 07419.. I live like 3 hours from you. I just need them by next saturday if possible.

I received the rhizomes but have a question. The ones I have ordered in the past have been very thick. Each one an inch in diameter by 2-3 inches long. Yours are very thin like twigs. I'm not knocking your product. Just wondering If can expect the same growth from these as the thicker ones. . Can I plant these all individually and they will be ok? I am new to hop growing.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I received the rhizomes but have a question. The ones I have ordered in the past have been very thick. Each one an inch in diameter by 2-3 inches long. Yours are very thin like twigs. I'm not knocking your product. Just wondering If can expect the same growth from these as the thicker ones. . Can I plant these all individually and they will be ok? I am new to hop growing.

Wondered the same myself, I looked up cascade ones and they seem thinner than most but not sure if that's the case here.

It really depends on where the rhizome is taken from. The thicker ones are closer to the crown and the thinner ones closer to the end. Any problems I will do what is needed to take care of it.
Ray

It really depends on where the rhizome is taken from. The thicker ones are closer to the crown and the thinner ones closer to the end. Any problems I will do what is needed to take care of it.
Ray

I'm not saying there is an issue (I don't think) I'm just asking if I individually planting these (1 per hole in the ground) , will they grow just as well year 1 as the much thicker rhizomes I have purchased. I am spend a lot of time and money to set everything up properly. I want to make sure planting these 1 per hole about 3 ft apart (same kind) 5 ft away from other types is going to be fine? Other wise I would have just spent the extra money to get the larger ones. Again I am new to this and am just looking for some info above anything...

You should be fine. If you have any problems just PM me and I will send more. Every time I harvest rhizomes they are different. If you have any questions just ask I will try to help you out.

Just another question I'm not sure if I possibly planted my rhizomes wrong. Are the suppose to be horizontal and 1-2 inches under the soil? I planted them vertically with the top 1 inch under and the and the other end as deep as they were long. Most 4 inches. Was this wrong? And if so will I have done any damage by digging up at this point and planting horizontally?

Just another question I'm not sure if I possibly planted my rhizomes wrong. Are the suppose to be horizontal and 1-2 inches under the soil? I planted them vertically with the top 1 inch under and the and the other end as deep as they were long. Most 4 inches. Was this wrong? And if so will I have done any damage by digging up at this point and planting horizontally?

They need to be horizontal just under the soil about 2 inches. I would dig them up and place them horizontally. Let me know how it works out. I would not be surprised if you see growth when you replant them.

Thanks I'll give it a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Can I get 2 more chinook and 4 Columbus. Nfryan@ hotmail.com

Ordered on the 2nd, already received it! :D

Now I just need to close on this house I'm after with its 1/4 acre & I'll have a spot for them! lol

Back