Hooking up to house propane.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr14

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, but after searching, I couldn't find any threads that really answered my question.

So I have a propane hookup outside the house that was crimped when they redid the deck. It was used for the grill previously.

My question is, how would one go about hooking up a quick disconnect so I could use the grill mostly, but when I brew, I could just hook up the turkey fryer.

I understand that the copper should be flared, and I actually have access to a flare tool (Why in the world my employer has one is beyond me), so what do I need to do?

I understand that this should be done by a pro, but I have a hard enough time coming up with brewing money, so hiring someone is out of the question.

Besides, I figured since it's outside, If there was a leak, I could just kill the propane and recrimp it till I could afford a plumber.

Any thoughts?

make friends with a plumber and give him some beer. IF yo are not sure of waht you are dong you dont want to do it. IF you ahev a leak you have a big problem. I am all for DIY but when it comes to gas of any type trial and error is a bad thing.

I know it should be done by a pro, but I figured that since this is an isolated connection, that would be VERY easy to shut off in case of a leak, it wouldn't be bad to try it on. I would NEVER do this inside the house.

Just thought someone might know.

Back