Hooked already! only just started!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanysean

Reaction score
Hello My name is Sean and I am from Northern California (Sacramento Area). I had my first beer given to me by my brother (a Guiness of course) and ever since then I have loved beer.

I bought my brewing kit years ago but for some reason tucked it away in the closet. I would want to brew, but I was not sure I knew what to do. I didnt know if I had all the ingredients, I didnt have the time, and I was sure I was missing the one thing I needed most of all to get started...a brew kettle. I didnt know where to get one, and honestly didnt even know what a 5 gallon pot looked like.

So one day me and my family were touring the Stone Brewery in San Diego. After the tour ( and a few pints of the best ale ever) my mom of all people ask me about my brewing. I told her about my missing brew pot, and mid-story she punched me in the arm. When we came home and I dropped my parents off the first thing she did was shove a 5 gallon stainless steel pot into my arms and said "I hated cooking pasta for your elementry school class."

That weekend I grabbed all my brewing equipment I could find, cleaned and sanitised as best I could, and brewed my first batch of beer.

As I type this I am drinking said beer, watching my second batch ferment while brewing my third in my moms pasta pot. Cheers :mug:

Welcome Sean! I jumped right in myself and I'm on my second 5 gallon batch. I've got a 2 gallon batch in a Mr. Beer fermenter now and plans for a spring Hefe ready as soon as I get an open fermenter!

Welcome to the obsession!

Latest posts

Back