Honey Wheat: refrigerated too soon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravelscratcher

Reaction score
This is my first post, so please don't crush me. I'm sure it's been covered plenty of times, but I don't have the time/patience to sort through all of the threads to find my problem.

With that being said, here's my problem:

My 2nd batch is a Honey Wheat Extract Recipe/Kit.

I popped a test bottle open last night (after 2 weeks of bottled conditioning), and it was lightly carbonated. It was room temperature. It's obvious to me now, that I should have stored it for another week, and then tested, but it's done.

Anyway, I thought it was good to refrigerate, so I did.
I popped another open this evening, and it was pretty much flat.

I've removed them from the fridge, and put back in the guest closet for room temperature storage.

My question: Will it recover/carbonate properly, or should I trash it and do another?

My first batch was a blonde ale, and it worked out perfectly.

Thanks for your help,
Greg

Before throwing it out, add about 1/2 to 1 tsp. plain white sugar and recap. Let it sit 2 weeks and see if it produces CO2.

You could even just let them warm up to room temp, turn each one upside down over a couple times and put them back to carb up, shouldn't be a problem, give them another 2-3 weeks before trying another...good luck.

I'm sure it's been covered plenty of times, but I don't have the time/patience to sort through all of the threads to find my problem.
Greg

I think you'll find this is kinda frowned upon. Ive done it, everyone has. You post before you search... and I know a lot of people dont wanna search because it takes to long. But hoenstly ive found on this site I get my answer searching through threads faster than posting a new thread and waiting for a response.

I honestly dont know the answer to your problem but I would bet a 5 minute search would do it... and you'd already have your answer by now.

You could even just let them warm up to room temp, turn each one upside down over a couple times and put them back to carb up, shouldn't be a problem, give them another 2-3 weeks before trying another...good luck.

That's what I thought; I just needed a little reassurance.

If that doesn't work, I guess I can add sugar and re-cap.

I appreciate all the replies/advice given.

Back