Honey Suckle Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveMillerTime

Reaction score
So I have a decent amount of honey suckle growing in my yard. Ever since I started brewing I've thought of making some sort of honey suckle ale...any one have any suggestions - would it even work? I've seen other people made wine with it...just curious if it'd be worth doing it with beer.

Well,I used to make sparkling apple jack with a big heap of dandelion flowers in it. Gave it a hair more gold color & a touch of organic sweetness. Honeysuckle seems like it'd be best in a wheat beer. The slightlt different sweetness of the honeysuckle would play well off the natural organic sweetness of the wheat,imo. With floral/herbal hops,of course...

Awesome, thanks for the tip...I'll definitely try playing with that...unfortunately I might not be able to do it before they die off for the fall/winter so I'll make sure to make this a spring beer.

Latest posts

Back