Homemade PBW: Can I use TSP instead of TSP/90?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kombat

Reaction score
I'm sure we've all seen the Bertus Brewery article on making your own PBW from OxyClean Free and TSP/90. However, I'm in Canada, and can't get TSP/90. But I can get real TSP. So my question is: Are the two interchangeable? If not, is there a recipe out there for mixing OxyClean Free with TSP to make an effective PBW substitute?

From what I understand, having read a fair bit on the subject, it will work but it's technically a different ingredient. I just switched to the DIY version (linked above by Slow Day) and have been rather pleased with both performance and the overall cost. Just an FYI, you can get TSP/90 on Amazon...it's a bit more expensive than it is locally usually, but it's only a dollar or two.

You can get TSP90 in at least some parts of Canada. The home hardware stores around me don't stick it but the contractor geared stores do. Is there a Copps build all in your area? That's where I usually pick it up, in Ontario.

Latest posts

Back