HomeBrewSupply.com sold.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugEyedValiant

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just got this email from them. Not getting my order but they are at least refunding my money.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks so much for ordering from HomebrewSupply.com! HomebrewSupply.com has been sold recently and as such we are in the process of shutting down our current warehouse and moving operations. We expect to be finished, fully stocked and back running under new ownership within 30 days.

Because of the transition we are unable to fulfill all the components of your order, therefore we have refunded you in full. Your refund is processing, but they typically take a few days to reflect on your side.

I deeply apologize about the inconvenience and any issues this may have caused.

Hmmm...I've been wondering about the state of my order. I ordered when they did the 60% off thing (two ingredient kits) and it's been crickets since. I've logged in to check my order status and it just says "processing".

When did you place your order?

The website is still up with no visible mention of a sale of the business and no mention of not fulfilling orders. Pretty poor on the part of the new owners not to have HBS do that or do it themselves. It must be InBev!!!!!

Just received the same email stating that HBS has been sold. Luckily, only one item, 2 lbs 120c, cannot be fulfilled. I emailed them at the beginning of the week checking on my order since I had not received the customary "shipped order" email after almost 5 days. They responded saying the reason was that they were busy filling orders and moving the warehouse. I'm a little pissed that the "acquisition" wasn't mentioned earlier.

I bought 7lbs of hops for just under $85! All individually sealed in 1oz packages. I ordered a week or two ago (right when the 60% off started) and my ordered shipped next day. Guess I got lucky! Best of luck with your order being fulfilled

I bought 7lbs of hops for just under $85! All individually sealed in 1oz packages. I ordered a week or two ago (right when the 60% off started) and my ordered shipped next day. Guess I got lucky! Best of luck with your order being fulfilled

That's a lot of one oz packages. It would be a storage nightmare for me, but a good way to keep hops fresh.

I did 2 orders. One on 8/7 and another on 8/8. Order from 8/8 shipped several days ago (it was a bunch of 1 oz hop packs, extracts, and what not). The 8/7 order (3 recipe kits) appears cancelled now.

Annoying as they charged the order to my card on 8/7 and I still don't see a credit. I thought they couldn't bill you until shipping. ??

Oh well, really disappointing as I'd bought a lot from them in the past year or so.

Piss poor communication is one quick way to lose my business. I get that they got swamped, and I am totally understanding when other online/shipping issues come up from other HB shops, but just let me know so I can make adjustments to brew day needs.

Hmmm...I've been wondering about the state of my order. I ordered when they did the 60% off thing (two ingredient kits) and it's been crickets since. I've logged in to check my order status and it just says "processing".

When did you place your order?

My situation exactly. I ordered the afternoon of 8/7 and no progress whatsoever. Sad.

Was my favorite online supplier as I loved their recipes.

:mad:

No e-mail (yet) about refunds, etc...

I e-mailed them to cancel my order and they responded just saying "We are swamped due to the move!" No other commentary, etc. I'm wondering how long they were going to wait to update me (if at all)?

When I tried placing an order last week I randomly selected some cryo hops and like 20 lbs of German wheat just to see how much it was. My total after shipping was $-2.00! Unfortunately when I tried to place the order it told me they didn't have enough supplies to fill my order. I tried a million other combinations and couldn't figure out how to get the $-2 total again.....oh well they probably would have just refunded my order anyway....

I have a huge extra freezer so luckily storage isn't much of an issue here.

But yeah, I have hops for days right now.

Press Release, August 21st, 2017

Kegconnection, LLC is excited to announce the acquisition of HomebrewSupply.com! We have genuinely admired the positive impact HomebrewSupply.com has had within our industry these last few years and understand that their customers expect exceptional products and service, which we intend on building upon. The website, HomebrewSupply.com, will be restocked and back to filling orders over the next two weeks. Our current timeline includes HomebrewSupply.com having a soft relaunch as quickly as possible and then a grand re-opening event when all fulfillment is fully back online.

A very large aspect of our many goals for this acquisition is to bring back all of the popular brewing kits and approximately 90% of the items that HomebrewSupply.com has carried. Alongside this, we will also be greatly enhancing their draft beer equipment section to better offer Homebrew Supply customers a wider variety of equipment and kit options.

We are also excited to announce that Ladik Joe Ermis will be joining our team! As many of you already know, Joe is an avid homebrewer and has been with HomebrewSupply.com since the company’s grand opening. Joe has also been involved with many aspects of the business and will definitely be staying involved with customer service and maintaining that which HomebrewSupply.com customers have grown to love.

Kegconnection, LLC (www.kegconnection.com) started in 2006, also in San Marcos, TX, and is now located in Comanche, TX. We have been an industry leader in the draft beer equipment side of the homebrew market and believe that the acquisition of HomebrewSupply.com will allow us to better serve all of our customers by bringing additional depth and experience to both websites. Both websites share an enthusiasm and exceptional zeal for customer service that we’ll be expanding on even more through additional content, in-depth how to videos, podcasts, and other beneficial and informational content!

Your patience and support is greatly appreciated while we get HombrewSupply.com fulfillment moved and increase the website’s inventory. We are committed to continuing development of the website and are excited at what we’ll soon be offering to you! HomebrewSupply.com will operate as an independent website that is supported by Kegconnection, LLC’s fulfillment team. The staff from Kegconnection and Homebrew Supply thank you for your business and look forward to working together to serve you even better in the future!

Sincerely,

Kegconnection and Homebrew Supply staff

&

Back