Homebrewers stealing BW3 market share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatschmaltez

Reaction score
Anyone catch the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial this weekend with the "stereotypical" mad scientist homebrewer giving his friends crap beer while watching football? Wanted so bad to write a letter inviting their marketing VP to my house for a pint. Nice to know we've become significant as a group.

The commercials been running for about 3 months now...and most of us think it's amusing, and that those who don't, and start complaining threads about it (not saying THIS one is) are silly...but yeah we've sort of done this one to death.

We've also noted how in Michigan BW3 Supports Michigan craft beer and the Michigan Brewing Guild by selling Michigan Great Beer State limited edition glasses during Beer Month, and the the BW3's in another state actually HOST a homebrewing contest, with the winning beer being brewed and served.

I just looked it up on You Tube. Hadn't heard about it or seen it until this thread. Damn funny! :D :D

Although, much as I love bratwurst and sauerkraut, I tend to prefer them with my beer rather than in it. ;)

We haven't watched good ol' mind numbing TV in years. House was built for cable & it costs too much for cable TV & computer broadband. $100/month too much. So it's HD DVD/blue rays & you guys.
But while it's funny,it does make us look like a bunch of dumb hooch makers.

I honestly thought it was a pretty hilarious commercial. And for those of you tired of paying 100+ bucks a month for cable, head down to radio shack and get a 50 dollar HD antenna. I did that recently and it has worked out great.

Yes I completely changed the subject of my own thread.

I honestly thought it was a pretty hilarious commercial. And for those of you tired of paying 100+ bucks a month for cable, head down to radio shack and get a 50 dollar HD antenna. I did that recently and it has worked out great.

I do that and have a ROku to stream hi-def web content to the tv.

(We have a couple threads on THAT too. ;))

I mean....who hasn't dry-krautted?

In my town, most people see BW3's as a good place to go drink BMC and hang out with rednecks and college students.
That's pretty much what I get from their commercials as well.
Over the years, they've had several commericals where they ridicule "non-BW3 consumer groups", therefore, I don't spend my money there, regardless of what sort of image they have in Michigan.

I think the HD attenna thing is to go with that box commercial TV needs now? I remember they switched over to the new style signal. I think I still have one of those boxes.
But it was funny to watch that guy in the commercial tasting what looked like a ton of starsan foam.

greatschmaltez said:

+1 had one for 6 months now. About 20 channels with 10 or so being HD.

I think the HD attenna thing is to go with that box commercial TV needs now? I remember they switched over to the new style signal. I think I still have one of those boxes.
But it was funny to watch that guy in the commercial tasting what looked like a ton of starsan foam.

The converter box is only necessary if your TV does not have the tuners necessary for the over-the-air signal. These are typically older TVs. All of the fairly new TVs should have the tuner (or this is my understanding).

I don't watch tv.

That is my story. I will rent a movie or buy a season of a show I like. For football games I go to friends house or a bar and not BWW. We have WAY,
WAY
Better places to eat, drink and be merry other than BWW.

The Bdubs around here are yuppies & college students. But mostly white collar yuppies still trying desperately to be cool. Some things never change. They don't realize they're just being trendy. Maybe part of the reason for those commercials. Can't smoke in them by law in these parts anymore,so screw'em. I gave up on them. Just for that,they're not gettin any of my buckwheat slovak sausage tater ale...:drunk:

Latest posts

Back