Homebrew by the pool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtk78

I'm here for the beer!
Reaction score
Need a little advise. I bottle my homebrew with no plans to move to kegging in the future. I usually pour my brew into a glass before enjoying. We are getting a pool installed soon, and I'm looking for ideas of an insulated mug, tumbler, thermos type thing to pour a homebrew into and drink around the pool. Anyone have something they use or have a recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
For something like that my choice would probably be a bucket full of ice and homebrew bottles in combination with my 16oz yeti rambler. Bonus points for bottling in 16oz bottles so your beer pours match the cup size.

Need a little advise. I bottle my homebrew with no plans to move to kegging in the future. I usually pour my brew into a glass before enjoying. We are getting a pool installed soon, and I'm looking for ideas of an insulated mug, tumbler, thermos type thing to pour a homebrew into and drink around the pool. Anyone have something they use or have a recommendation? Thanks in advance.
Hi. Others have mentioned very good ideas. I just wanted to commend you for taking steps to keep glass containers from around the pool. Too many people don't realize how dangerously stupid having glass containers in / around a swimming pool really is. Good for you! Ed
:mug:

Thank you all for the advice. The hydro flask looks nice, but doesn't seem to have a lid option in the pint size, is that correct? I'm still looking at some of the other options recommended.

And definitely no glass by the pool. Things happen and people drop stuff. Too many people, children (ours and others), our dog, not to mention the new liner that could be injured by a stray piece of glass out there.

Another vote for HydroFlask. If you want one with a lid I suggest the Yeti Tumblr. Its bigger too. More beer :D:ban:

IDK, I've been using a 16 oz Mason jar with a handle for years around the pool. Haven't broken one yet. Each his own :mug:

I like my $10 double insulated mug from wall mart. I bought the 20oz size but they had 30 too. I bought it because it had the features i wanted, all stainless meaning no paint chips after a while. No moving parts on lid, its just a plastic lid with a oval for drink to pass threw. And double insulated so it doesn't sweat and as a bonus keeps drinks cold so I don't have to drink as fast.

Back