Homebrew Brewery Name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The UNKNOWN Brewery!

Remember this guy??

the-unknown-comic-2.jpg

already taken. But I doubt youd have to worry about them coming after you as you arent distributing, advertising, or anything
Unknown-Brewery.jpg

1) Make it personal. Something to do with your life, a nickname, a landmark event, place, or personality attribute.

That's what I ended up doing. When we lived in Tennessee we used to go arrow head hunting quite a bit and have a pretty nice collection of worked flint. So I named mine "Indian Rock Brewing".

I guess I'll stir the pot...
If you're not a commercial brewery selling your beer, what's the need for a name? (I know there was a previous thread discussing this, which is why I bring it up).

I can't think of any need at all.

But then...

There's no need for me to brew my own beer.
There's no need for me to grow my own hops.
There's no need for me to grow my own barley.

There is no need at all to have a home brewery name, but it is kind of fun.

I guess I'll stir the pot...
If you're not a commercial brewery selling your beer, what's the need for a name? (I know there was a previous thread discussing this, which is why I bring it up).

Gotta have a brewery name to put on your custom labels when you give wine/beer as gifts. A piece of masking tape with "Kevin's Toilet Bowl Ale" written on it with a Sharpie is not going to do the job.

I wouldn't say I "need" a brewery name; I've gone many years without one, and hardly give a beer a name anymore either.

But it's fun to come up with a name and logo and make the labels slightly more interesting than simply writing the beer style on the cap with a sharpie, like I do now.

I had a wood burning brand made at work for a friend. If it proves to work well, then it might be nice to make my own for branding wooden beer crates or whatever. It's hard to make a brand without a logo...

Here at theDREWery, our labels are hand "calligraphied" onto only the finest paper bags. Try one of our "Toilet Bowl" brown ales, or a fine "I Swear It's Not Pee" Pilsner. All our beers, wines, and meads are fermented in only the finest whatever it fits in. So come visit theDREWery, we've got your BAC.

Too tough without some details, like your hobbies or something. A brewery name should be something that means something, give us something to work with

Too tough without some details, like your hobbies or something. A brewery name should be something that means something, give us something to work with

Well, my wife says I'm starting to become a crotchety old man. Maybe I could name my brewery "Crotchety Old Brewing Company".

First beer to be brewed would be, "GET OFF MY LAWNmower Ale". :D

This thread inspired me to think of one for myself. I came up with Stone Patio Brewing because that is where I brew in my backyard

Well, my wife says I'm starting to become a crotchety old man. Maybe I could name my brewery "Crotchety Old Brewing Company".

First beer to be brewed would be, "GET OFF MY LAWNmower Ale". :D

Hey man, I just had a flash!? How about putting your avatar in paint,& change the "F" on the bulldog's tag to "H". Then name the brewery " Homercidal Brewing"? :rockin:

Back