Home Roasted Coffee Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimyson

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it might be fun to trade some home roasted coffee beans among the group. This is similar to a trade that I’ve taken part in on a FB group. Here is how it will work:

1. Let me know that you want to take part in the trade. The deadline to join is August 24.

2. On August 25, I will randomly choose who you will send coffee to.

3. You send a minimum of 8 oz of roasted whole bean coffee. You can split this up into two 4 oz batches of different beans or roasts if you would like to make it easier for smaller roasters. You should mail this by August 31.

4. Once you receive your coffee, post a review on here within 2 weeks. Constructive feedback is helpful to newer roasters.

You can feel free to send green beans or anything else coffee related to make it more fun but it’s not required.

If you can, send freshly roasted coffee.

This is Continental US only.

Who wants in?

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Great project, my concern is us/Canada shipping. Shipping across the border is horrific at times, Ive done this with seeds and stuff, anything more then an letter envelope can be $14-20.

Yeah I don't think we should go across borders. I don't care how good someones coffee is, it isn't worth the cost and time to get it into a different country.

Active Participants:

1. jimyson
2. passedpawn
3. HarborTownBrewing
4. pshankstar
5. jammin
6. TallDan
7. shelly_belly
8. Inkleg

Looking like a good little group so far.

How do you think @passedpawn feels? He gets to play arm chair quarterback to @jammin (joke on a whole nother forum). On the flip side he does receive coffee from @jammin. If it wasn't for jammin I probably wouldn't be roasting coffee much less on this thread.

Haha, right. I'm roasting with a popcorn maker over coals, and jammin has equipment designed by NASA.

A bit unsure of what to roast and send. Have some that should be good stuff on hand, but only have one that I've roasted more than once right now, and it wasn't great. Not that anyone said that we need to send award winning roasts, but I want to send something decent!!

IMG_2381.JPG

Thanks @Inkleg! I can’t wait to try the coffee and the bonus beer too! I love the caps! I’ll use them whenever I get around to making my Barleywine and bottle a bunch to age! I have to ask, what beer style is the home brew? Also, thanks for sending the extra green beans too!

I’ll report back on the coffee as I try it. Woohoo!!

I know I sent you this text, but thought I share the HB description with the group too.

The HB is what I'm referring to as 3 Year Beer. Pull up a chair it's a long story.
I brewed a Tart of Darkness clone using East Coast Yeast bug County 20. After a year I bottled some and put 3 gallons on Oak and used the yeast cake to start another batch. Year later bottled some of that and put 3 gallons on 2 pounds figs and 3 pounds dried cherries. 8 months later blended the two beers and added 3 pounds of blueberries and let go another 6 months.
What you have is a Sour that was bottled 10-16. I think I may have sent this beer to @jammin a year ago.

I know I sent you this text, but thought I share the HB description with the group too.

The HB is what I'm referring to as 3 Year Beer. Pull up a chair it's a long story.
I brewed a Tart of Darkness clone using East Coast Yeast bug County 20. After a year I bottled some and put 3 gallons on Oak and used the yeast cake to start another batch. Year later bottled some of that and put 3 gallons on 2 pounds figs and 3 pounds dried cherries. 8 months later blended the two beers and added 3 pounds of blueberries and let go another 6 months.
What you have is a Sour that was bottled 10-16. I think I may have sent this beer to @jammin a year ago.

Ok, I need one of these beers.

Back