Holy Whirlwind Trip Batman!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfrizzell

Reaction score
Well, I just found out that I'm heading to Iceland on Monday! We have a new project and there is going to be a kick-off meeting on Tuesday. I'll be flying out Monday, arriving in Iceland Tuesday at 6:30AM, meeting with the client all day and then flying home Tuesday evening! I've done some pretty whirlwind trips before (i.e. 3 countries in one day) but this takes the cake. I won't even need a hotel room for this trip. Unfortunately, I have to be back Wednesday for another meeting, hence the quick return. Otherwise, I'd love to spend a bit more time there and perhaps take SHMBO with me. She always gets screwed out of going on trips with me because they're usually pretty short notice (hence expensive airfare).

Short, but good. All my flights were on schedule for a change. I got into Keflavik at 6:30AM, took a taxi ($80) to Reykjavik and met up with our European sales guy at his hotel. I was able to shower/shave/change in his hotel room, then grab some breakfast before our meeting. We were back at the airport by 2:30PM for our 4:30PM flight. Scored some cheap duty free chocolates and perfume for SWHBO and then we were off.

I was pretty wiped out by the time I got home around 11:45PM, but I was at work the next day at 8:00AM. I picked up a cold while I was gone and I'm still fighting that a bit.

Both on the way over and on the way back, I had time to sample a few beers at Rock Bottom. Had a few tasty beers!

So, yeah, it was a good trip. ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, and my plane ticket was $3,200 and that was for coach!

Back