Hoegaarden Clone came out kinda flavorless :'(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obie

Reaction score
My Hoegaarden clone came out slightly flavorless, almost tastes watery. Is there anything I can add to the keg to "liven" things up?

How long has it been in the keg? I find that, even with kegging, most beers start to hit their stride after a couple weeks. Sometimes longer.

There's not really anything you're going to do in the keg at this point unless you make more and blend them. I've brew a couple batches in the past that turned out pretty good and I always keg. What was your recipe, mash temp, O.G. F.G., etc, etc.

Hoegaarden always had a "refried bean" taste to it for me (I know I'm weird, but that's what I taste!) so you might have improved it imho! :p

You must have had some bad batches or you where actually eating re-fried beans because re-fried beans is not even remotely close to what I'd think of for a taste description for that beer......

Maybe banana, clove, bubblegum............ Those are some things I may describe when I drink it.

Now I'm hungry for some mexican food and a Hoegaarden................

My Hoegaarden clone came out slightly flavorless, almost tastes watery. Is there anything I can add to the keg to "liven" things up?

I guess is the perfect Hoegarden clone then :)
you can try to serve it with a lemon slice.

Put an ounce of corriander and the zest of a few oranges in a tea ball and drop that in the keg for a week or so. It should help.

Back