Hockey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
photo_servlet

:mug:

Sweet! I had to work, just finished watching on tivo. What a high intensity game! Osgood was more than solid again, and it's good to be a Wing's fan! Just ordered a stupid $34 hat online.:D:rockin:

I guess this is the juncture where I eat my words. However, I do hand it to the wings for a great show, they are by far the best team in the NHL and it is no surprise they won the cup this year. Atleast I can start worrying about the steelers now, it seemed kind of late in the year to be watching hockey.

The Penguins made the best match up.

I think there going to be a force to be reckoned with.

The Penguins made the best match up.

I think there going to be a force to be reckoned with.
I agree. There is no shame in losing. It builds character.

I remember the Wings got killed by NJ in '95. I've hated the Devils ever since.

Anyways that loss made the Wings much stronger (97-98).

Sweet Jeebus that was a good game! The Pens had me at the edge of my seat right to the end! Detroit shoudl be as good next year, and I expect (if they can sign some of the free agents, and/or sign equally talented replacements) the Penguins to be better than this year.

Now you can order your Detroit Red Wings Frosted Pint Glass!
p4845211dt.jpg

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3143222&cp=3148189&clickid=body_bestsell_img

cool that'll match my other ten on the display shelf:D

Sweet Jeebus that was a good game! The Pens had me at the edge of my seat right to the end! Detroit shoudl be as good next year, and I expect (if they can sign some of the free agents, and/or sign equally talented replacements) the Penguins to be better than this year.

Now you can order your Detroit Red Wings Frosted Pint Glass!
I saw those. Very nice. I will have to get some. :D

congrats to all the wings fans!!!

I already can't wait for the next season. I love hockey!!!

congrats to all the wings fans!!!

I already can't wait for the next season. I love hockey!!!

It kind of sux, my two favorite spectator sports this year both ended during the same week...Hockey, and the Presidential Primary season....

(Btw you and me, the hockey fights were a lot less bloody) :D

On the one hand I'm sad because hockey is over, but on the other hand, this frees me up to get more done around the house. The nice thing about going deep in the playoffs is the short time before preseason starts again.

I only wish they'd televise the preseason games next year.

I'm happy with the win, satisfied that it's all over, because now we can cherish the cup for the summer and I can concentrate on baseball again.

As lowly as they are, I still love my Tigers!

If any of you Non Detroiters are interested in watching the Parade you can see it online here,

http://www.wxyz.com/content/sports/redwings/default.aspx

Or here...http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/16501480/detail.html

Too funny, If I had actually gone into work today I could have gone to the parade, I literally could have walked about 3 blocks and been there, but since I'm off on Fridays this summer AND I live an hour away from Detroit AND gas is over 4 bucks, I'm not there...Another reason we should have gone to a game 7 and won in Detroit, the parade would probably have been next Tuesday, and I would have been down there.

Too bad these announcers are idiots. According to them, Lidstrom's been playing for only 10-11 years and Dallas Drake has the Conn Smythe....

Are you guys happy with your team's summer shopping for free agents???

Here, All is good. The habs got Alex Tanguay from Calgary in a trade and they signed Big George Laraque for 3 years.
They also signed a couple of their own players.

Already can't wait for the next season to begin!

Are all of you Wings fans happy to see that Marian Hossa will be playing on your side next year?

Are all of you Wings fans happy to see that Marian Hossa will be playing on your side next year?

Oh, definitely! A great acquisition. Hossa has some great skills, and will fit in nicely with the Wings.

(I was replaying the zamboni song. When the season starts, I'll post a picture of me on the zamboni. I always wanted to drive the zamboni- and play hockey. Life here in the winter is so good!)

While not a necessity for the Wings to do well, I'd rather he played for us, than against us! He's very skilled, and hopefully beign in a club like Detroit has, with the team method of operation, he will get even better.

I still can't believe he signed with us!

Oh, definitely! A great acquisition. Hossa has some great skills, and will fit in nicely with the Wings.

(I was replaying the zamboni song. When the season starts, I'll post a picture of me on the zamboni. I always wanted to drive the zamboni- and play hockey. Life here in the winter is so good!)

Like you guys needed Hossa!

Modry, Smith out, Carter and Jones resigned, stocked the team and farm with D...

Yeah, I'm happy with my Flyers. They didnt need to do much, having blown their wad last offseason. So yeah, we'll see how it goes.

Hoping Gagne comes back healthy (to replace Prospal) and Claude Girouz is ready to play.

:ban::ban:
For the first time this summer, tomorrow, I'll play in my league. I changed schedule at the job so I couldn't play anymore. But I can quit earlier tomorrow so... Yeah!!!
:ban::ban:

Is any of you guys or girls playing this summer?

A beer related question now: After a game, what beer do you usually drink? Any hockey player HAS to have a beer or 2 after a game in the players room. I usually go for a moosehead or 2. Since you can not really drink the beer in a glass... to hell, I'm going for a good old lager.

I'm gonna bust my butt to get to Winter Classic.
I'm not sure on how NHL is doing tickets yet, but season-ticket holders will have option to get 'em.
I'm not season ticket holder, but I know of several who don't plan on attending Winter Classic, but will prob get tickets to sell to wanting (Hawks) fans.
Reg season tickets on sale 8-11, I'm gonna get some tix for when Pens come to Chi-town 2-27-09. Friend o' mine is big Pens fan.

here is my new game jersey:

jersey.JPG

jersey_back.JPG

All the players have the same jersey... with different names and numbers of course!!!

Back