Hit you hardest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exc503

Reaction score
so, after 2.5 Lagunitas Brown Sugga, I am realizing that I may have drank too much..which beer hit you hardest?

Allegash Curieux 750ml and Gulden Draak 450ml in the same hour..Hoolllly crud.

AHS Cannonball Stout. I swear that stuff was infected with some kind of neurotoxin.

Drank two 22 ounce bottles while surfing the net, got up to go to bed and almost drove my head through the wall. I just barely made it upstairs.

years ago I made a 5 gallon batch of Apple Jack with 5 cups brown sugar & 5 cups golden raisins. fermented with White Labs Irish Ale. I was completely flocc'd off 1 1/2 bombers.

I had a 22oz Avery Czar and it was so good I decided it was a good idea to open a second one, a couple sips in I realized just how buzzed the first one got me.

I purchased the New Belgium winter pack. It came with the Ranger IPA and the Rampart imperial IPA. Let's just say the labels are close in comparison and I didn't realize I grabbed the imperial. 2-8.5% ipa's later and I was well twisted around.

I brewed a Belgian Strong and a Chimay clone. One was 10.2 and the other 9.8ABV. Got about 1/2 way through a second 22ozer and did like Rhumbline above. I dumped the other 1/2 and was lucky to make it into my bed.

Yesterday I had a St. Bernardus Christmas ale 750ml and a Stone Imperial Russian Stout bomber, I was pretty wasted off those two bears.

Not commercial (or beer), but my apfelwein :D Three of them and you are drunk, four and you are blacked out

Oh man, 4th of July I decided that my keg of apfelwein had been hanging around too long and that i wanted that keg empty to make room for the next batch. Yeah, that was a mistake. :drunk:

Any alcoholic beverage drunk in excess resulting in a depletion of water and minerals in the body. :D

On top of the 4-5 homebrewed pilsners and pale ales, that Racer X IIPA took care of me on Saturday. Passed out by 8:30pm.

I think I made it half way through a bottle of Mephistopheles ... I think ...

Bois from the Bruery is a heavy hitter at 15%. What's worse is that it only comes in 750ml bottles.

DFH 120 messed me up pretty bad as well.

Not a single beer, but this combo did me in this last saturday. Started with a founder breakfast stout, then a NEBCO sea hag followed by a Route of all evil and finished off with a 3beans, all in about an hour. I was messed up to say the least

A DFH 120 then followed by Pumking. I never made it through the Pumking. It is a combo of drinking the 120 too quickly and then immediately having the Pumking.

Hello said:
A DFH 120 then followed by Pumking. I never made it through the Pumking. It is a combo of drinking the 120 too quickly and then immediately having the Pumking.

I personally couldn't drink 120 quickly. It was too cloying too go down quickly, at least for me. I still think it was a great beer though.

4 pack of 90's will get you pretty good too.
750 of delirium tremens got me pretty bad a few times.

I brewed up a 5 gallon batch of cherry braggot a couple of years ago. The recipe was 10# of Golden Promise, 10# of honey with a few hops. After a few months I racked it onto 10# of unsweetend cherries that were previously frozen. Months later I kegged it.

I called it the 10 pound hammer. If I drank more than 1 pint in 40 minutes I would take a nap, even if I didn't want one. I have never had another beer effect me in this way. It was lots of fun on tap!

I think I will brew it again this winter...

Drank a 22oz bomber of HeBrew's 17th anniversary ale a little too quick 'cause it tasted soo good.
17malts, 17hops, 17%AbV.
HeBrew-JewbelationReborn-.png

My homework didn't get done that night.

4 Mad Elfs on Wednesday and hit the sack by 10 PM....I think I was still buzzed when I woke up at 5:30 AM...it was a rough morning. Plus side, I got 4Mad Elf glasses for steal the glass night!!!

Victory Golden Monkey. BIL decided that pitchers of GM were a good idea for a big group of us.

Next day, there were lots of "WTF kicked my head in last night?!?!" texts. Several people who rode bicycles to the bar apparently found them in bushes, on lawns, etc., in the morning.

Latest posts

Back