History Channel: a Rant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, they were so 10 years ago. I'd say most of the population already forgot about them.

I've long since given up on the History Channel, TLC (I remember at one point there was something about "Learning" in the title), or even the Discovery Channel. Hint to TV producers: if you need to add a bunch of fake scripted drama to a show that is supposed to be about "reality" just to make it interesting, maybe you shouldn't be making a show about it in the first place.

I know one person that gives half a crap about anything the Kardashians do, and I give her hell endlessly about it. My wife may watch some stuff that I don't care for, but I'm so thankful she never got into that trash.

Sent from my iThingy using a series of tubes.

Bingo! If it needs all that scripting added, it ain't reality.

I believe someone mentioned H2 and the Science Channel earlier back in the thread as better alternatives for History Channel. I used to love that channel but it's so full of stupid **** now that it's pretty much unwatchable. Discovery Channel enraged me when they aired the mermaids documentary....essentially deciding to air and pass off fake science (down to fake scientists) instead of oh, I don't know, exactly showing real science....whatever happened to Wild Discovery? That stuff was great....now it's all nekid and afraid and really ****ing stupid.

SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT THE HISTORY CHANNEL

umm.....their Roku app lets you watch VIKINGS on your tv without a cable subscription!!!!!

That is all......

Wow, I thought I was the only one. We have a TV at work that is supposed to be for news. A lot of times it gets turned to bozo's redoing old cars, rummaging through piles of junk, it goes on and on. I don't get the interest. I know they are cheap to make, so from a business stand point I get why the networks put them out but how someone could sit intently and watch this stuff for hours on end is beyond me. That being said I have watched Pawn Stars every now and then. It is nice when they go into the history of some of the stuff they get. Dirty Jobs was ok when they showed how some people made a living. Made me glad I studied computers.

Those who can, do.
Those who can't, do something else.
Those who don't wanna get up off their fat a$$es, watch.
SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT THE HISTORY CHANNEL

umm.....their Roku app lets you watch VIKINGS on your tv without a cable subscription!!!!!

That is all......

Good point.

Oh, shoot. I forgot that old adage about if you can't say something nice...

Thank you, History Channel, for showing me Giorgio Tsoukalos. He makes me laugh, and for that I owe you some appreciation.

c36cc3c7273f8c7da9e4519b7ed0682f.jpg

You mean the "History" channel. ...its kind of like the "Weather" channel. They are just entertainment.

You can say what you want about the "Weather" channel but Jen Carfagno can name any snow squall she want's to... Ummmmmm Jen Carfagno;)

It's the 71st anniversary of D-day... How about we celebrate with 24 hours of PAWN STARS!!!!

I cut cable down to the very basic package (like 20 channels including two in Spanish) + HBO. There are a ton of excellent documentaries and History Channel shows like Modern Marvels or The Universe on Netflix.

Latest posts

Back