High gravity beer- How do you know that you have a stuck fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triat00

Reaction score
Hello,

Ive brewed belgian strong, IIPA, RIS and barlew wine (extract and partial mash) I also read a lot thread regarding stuck fermentation. When do you know you have one? I mean, sometime a yeast do not atenuate as you want it to but it achieve 65+ percent.

You expected your barley wine to get from1,100 to 1,022 and it stop at 1,030,... I know that its a pain but, as long as it is according to style and it taste good ,why do we have to fight it... maybe the answer is to brew again and put more oxygen, yeast, lower mash temperature,...

In fact, I think my question is, when do you know that it is stuck and you must act? How could I recognise one in High gravity beer?

Just want to help some people that has a lot of question about it!

extract wort is not always as fermentable as all grain and it's hard telling when and where it will slow down or stop. if i was brewing high gravity beer i would go all grain or integrate some sugar into the recipe. it's a long way from 1.100 to 1.022 so you need the right yeast, wort, temps and patience.

Latest posts

Back