Hi.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneygumble

Reaction score
Been brewing for a while now (12+ years)

I just got back into brewing after taking a couple of years off. I moved, lost friends, family, and fellow beer fiends. Got to be that I wasn't moving the brew any more and brew days, tap days were just not the same. I settled on BIAB after the move with my new surroundings. Then I quit.

Well, I have just returned to brewing again, and am waiting for delivery to brew batches 6 and 7. Some are for my daughter's wedding later this summer. The night before and the after party will feature my double IPA, a nice mild nut brown and a lambic Framboise (this is my first sour and its gonna only see 4 months of funcification before cold crash and keg, to keep it "friendly" and full of raspberries)

Glad to be here. Hope to learn a lot.

Hey man. So are you going to do a primary with the lambic blend to at least give the bugs some kind of working space? I know it's usually used in secondary but that takes many moons brother

Hey man. So are you going to do a primary with the lambic blend to at least give the bugs some kind of working space? I know it's usually used in secondary but that takes many moons brother

Its already in secondary. I brewed the beer with the Wyeast lambic, let it sit a month and racked it onto 9# of raspberries (3 cans of the puree). First week in secondary saw a very happy restart of yeast fermentation. I left the cake behind, but with the restart, I should have plenty of yeast to feed the bugs.

Latest posts

Back