Hi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planetscott

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm new here. Of course you could have determined that by looking at my post count......It's just....Everyone says that.

East side of town. I forgot about you INHBC guys.....Seems to me one or two of you got some medals at the PSBO.

Yep. Not me tho. NealF got a couple medals and I think somone else got 1 too. I haven't had the balls to enter any comps yet, but I think will next go around.

Yep. Not me tho. NealF got a couple medals and I think somone else got 1 too. I haven't had the balls to enter any comps yet, but I think will next go around.
You don't need balls to enter, just home brewed beer. What better way to learn what is right and what is wrong with your beer if you don't get honest feedback? Brewmasters of Alpharetta is having a competition soon....I believe registration still may be open. I don't have anything to enter as it sort of spilled and soaked in to my carpet.....I can read the score sheet now:

The flavor of carpet overwhelms what is a fine example of a robust porter.......

LMAO. WHen is the actual comp date? I have one that will be ready in about 3 weeks that I think will be dam good.( I.e. I don't think I screwed up anything this time around and it smells wonderful)

LMAO. WHen is the actual comp date? I have one that will be ready in about 3 weeks that I think will be dam good.( I.e. I don't think I screwed up anything this time around and it smells wonderful)

The competition date is the 15th I believe. You can go to the AHA site and look for upcoming competitions. Try to find some that are close as mailing/shipping beer can affect it's flavor, especially during the summer months.

Hey, welcome and go for it! There is nothing wrong with entering a comp, even if your beer is not likely to win. Having a qualified taster give their impressions and maybe even suggest ways to correct any detected flaws, is a great way to improve your processes. And who knows, you might do better than you think!

Hey Scott, sorry for the delay in posting into your hello thread. ZING is based in Calhoun and I get over there to see them every now and again but my primary club is INHBC, like hoppymonkey.

I agree with Scott, entering a competition shouldn't be a nerve wracking experience, it's cool to get good feedback about beer. The next upcoming one in our area (I think) is either Savannah, Asheville, or Nashville... they are all in the early fall.

So, Hello, and i'm sure i'll see you around at some CH events in the future. I am hoping to make it to some one day in the future!

Back