Hi, y'all! Glory to Ukraine!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, y'all! I ain't exactly a newbie, what with being a Ukrainian and having all that genetic memory of being self-sufficient( including making shine, beer and wine) , but when I decided to go to mead, I was sort of slow ( don't have any knowledge passed to me, for my ancestors never dealt with honey) So, I'd be happy to share my knowledge, and to take any input from my fellows. Glory to Ukraine!

:mug: Make Mead for the first time, and make it 'good?/great?' depends on your taste! i like cyser!

Welcome!

(if i get smacked, so be it!)

Made my first mead, and it's too strong( about 19 proof). So you can't really taste mead behind the alcohol. ))))

my god man, what yeast did you use to get it to 38%? lol ;) and check out cyser, it's a apple juice honey blend. fixes the high alcohol problem.

Typo, sorry. Of course, it's 19%. :rolleyes:

that's what i thought, just thought i'd give you a hard time. :D you should have seen my hazing party, they didn't pull punches! ;) now they either give me a face palm or set me to ignore. lol, i'm comedic relief! to introduce myself!

edit: but a lot of people here actually know things! run it through a sifter, and you'll get a nice fluffy cake, i mean mead!

that's what i thought, just thought i'd give you a hard time. :D you should have seen my hazing party, they didn't pull punches! ;) now they either give me a face palm or set me to ignore. lol, i'm comedic relief! to introduce myself!
Don't worry about it, man. I'm an ex-Marine....well, Naval Infantry as it was called in former cesspool "soviet union". :cool:

Welcome to the forum ... my family came to America from the Ukraine/Russia many moons ago : ) My great, great grandfather used to make his own hooch (so I've heard).

Back