Hi there from North Central Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfsee52

Beer Nut
Reaction score
OBrien, is in rural Suwannee County. It’s 100 miles from Tallahassee, 100 miles from Jacksonville and about 75 from Gainesville. No brew shops around here. Order almost ingredients and supplies via the internet.

People from near me. What are the odds?

I just joined today, Northeast Florida. I'm about 70 miles down I95 from Jacksonville.

Welcome to both you northeast Florida brewers. I don't know much about the Jax homebrew scene but I do know Tallahassee and Gainsville have some good homebrew clubs and brew pubs. Judged competitions in both those locations and had a great time. I'm from the panhandle but recently relocated my main living back to North Alabama. Pensacola also has a good beer scene. I'm keeping my PCB home for now but that place is a homebrew desert. The Tampa, Clearwater and St Pete areas are also big into homebrew and craft beers.

You'll find most everything you need on this forum. Lots of helpful information for most everything brewing related. Cheers and happy brewing.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been brewing on and off for years. I've accepted the fact that I like simple ciders and some wines. I haven't even bothered with a beer in over a decade and a half. I used to be a little ashamed about the fact that 90% of my homebrew was just cider. But, as I aged, I learned to stop caring what other people thought about my tastes and what I like. I've lurked here for years, but finally registered an account to add some cider to the annual total in the cider area.

I don't really hang out in the homebrew scene. I probably should, as I love reading and listening about it. I live too far away from most brew stores to meet people.

Outside of a college brotherhood, where I brewed for them and got a reputation for sharing and providing booze (mostly dry cider) for the brothers and the pledges, I share my brews only with close family and friends.

Back