Hi there from Grand Rapids, Michigan!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LagerLover78

Reaction score
Hi all! Just figured I'd reintroduce myself as I joined the group a couple years ago then dropped off the planet...long story. Lol

Looking forward to being more active!

Welcome back, from Nebraska! Me and the wife were actually JUST talking about taking a quick birthday road trip to Grand Rapids..I'd be lying if I didnt say 90% of the reason I want to go is Jolly Pumpkin. Well, I'd only be lying to her lol. Cheers!

Welcome back, from Nebraska! Me and the wife were actually JUST talking about taking a quick birthday road trip to Grand Rapids..I'd be lying if I didnt say 90% of the reason I want to go is Jolly Pumpkin. Well, I'd only be lying to her lol. Cheers!

@dawn_kiebawls if you're up for a bit more of a road trip a couple more hours north, you should check out the JP facility in Traverse City. The view of West Bay from their outdoor seating area is great plus you can check out Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake Shore...not that im trying to steer you and the wife away from GR.:)

@dawn_kiebawls if you're up for a bit more of a road trip a couple more hours north, you should check out the JP facility in Traverse City. The view of West Bay from their outdoor seating area is great plus you can check out Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake Shore...not that im trying to steer you and the wife away from GR.:)

Traverse City was the original 'plan'. We only have 6 days though and there is so much I want to do again in Michigan. The last time I was there I backpacked Aisle Royale, through the Porcupines, checked out Pictured Rocks, got the Highpoint of Michigan and Wisconsin and a few other highlights. My wife has never been so I'd like to redo that trip but simply don't have enough time :( next year though!

I think we've settled on another visit to Grand Teton NP though so it's a win either way. Cheers!

Traverse City was the original 'plan'. We only have 6 days though and there is so much I want to do again in Michigan. The last time I was there I backpacked Aisle Royale, through the Porcupines, checked out Pictured Rocks, got the Highpoint of Michigan and Wisconsin and a few other highlights. My wife has never been so I'd like to redo that trip but simply don't have enough time :( next year though!

I think we've settled on another visit to Grand Teton NP though so it's a win either way. Cheers!

That sounds like a fantastic trip! Tried to talk my girlfriend into hiking & camping the North and South Manitou Islands...but that was a no go when she found out the campsites were "rustic". 🤣

when she found out the campsites were "rustic". 🤣

I hiked the Appalachian Trail and my wife was so jealous until I explained why I carried a trowel and explained to her that the majority of my campsites were just flat spots in the woods, by myself with no fire. After that she was just happy to see pictures and receive all my postcards lol. It's not for everyone!

I hiked the Appalachian Trail and my wife was so jealous until I explained why I carried a trowel and explained to her that the majority of my campsites were just flat spots in the woods, by myself with no fire. After that she was just happy to see pictures and receive all my postcards lol. It's not for everyone!

HAHAHA😂

Back