Hi! Jen from MD!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElleWoods

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Stumbled upon here a while ago looking for equipment recs, and have been lurking ever since.

I used to brew back in college, but got away from it for a long while. The fiance has been talking about wanting to get into homebrewing, so I just purchased all new equipment and that will be his Christmas present!

I'll definitely be hanging around more, need lots of help getting back into it, and there is tons of threads to look through here at HBT :D

Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the HBT community.

Congratulations on your engagement.:mug:

Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the HBT community.

Congratulations on your engagement.:mug:

Hi there, and thank you!! :D

welcome from baltimore.

Keep an eye out for MD brewdays. Details in gatherings forums.

Hello! I actually was just reading about the Dec. 11th (I think that was the date?) gathering... I won't be able to make that one, although it sounds fun, and I do have thick skin so no worries there - lol.

I'm trying to keep it a secret that I bought all this equipment, but that's proving difficult...I've almost let it slip a few times already :eek:

Welcome to the board! There's a lot of people from the DC/NoVA/MD area on this board! Your fiance is a lucky guy that you support/participated in this awesome hobby!!

I'm trying to keep it a secret that I bought all this equipment, but that's proving difficult...I've almost let it slip a few times already :eek:

Wow! Homebrew equipment for Christmas.....You can tell they aren't married YET! Heh Heh....Probably a good idea to give the equipment a test run. :)

Wow! Homebrew equipment for Christmas.....You can tell they aren't married YET! Heh Heh....Probably a good idea to give the equipment a test run. :)

LOL! I think it'll be pretty great...I had a lot of fun with it back in the day, and the beer came out pretty good. Maybe now that I'm older and wiser it will be even better? ;) Ha ha ha

The fiance has been talking about wanting to get into homebrewing, so I just purchased all new equipment and that will be his Christmas present!

Funny, I don't remember you asking me to marry you but my answer is YES!

Does AHS have a gift registry?

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on finding the best source of communal brewing knowledge. The wealth of knowledge and friendly people here have helped me out tremendously, especially during my switch to all-grain brewing and kegging this past summer after 3 years of extract brewing and bottling.

Funny, I don't remember you asking me to marry you but my answer is YES!

Does AHS have a gift registry?

Welcome to the forum!

LOL! Hilarious - you crack me up :) I'm not much of a wine drinker, so the other logical solution is to have excellent beer...and I always love to be doing something, so brewing is the next logical step :)

The more I think about this...The more I think I'm buying the homebrew stuff for myself, but hopefully he won't catch on? Ha ha ha....

Thanks for the welcome! Hopefully I can get some good ideas from hanging out here with all the smart people :)

Congrats on finding the best source of communal brewing knowledge. The wealth of knowledge and friendly people here have helped me out tremendously, especially during my switch to all-grain brewing and kegging this past summer after 3 years of extract brewing and bottling.

Thanks! :) This is good information to know...

I'm not completely sure...But I think for now we'll start off with extract and bottles, and then like you, eventually move to all-grain and kegging...although who knows how far down the road that could be. 2 months, or 2 years :D

Back