Hi I have found this forum because I am considering a large scale brewing of my apples. To get started I would like to ask for your help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay_orchard

Reaction score
My idea is to supply you with my organic apple juice near the wholesale cost of my current buyer, Martinelli. They reduced my status from contract to small farm and lowered their purchase price. The lower price has me thinking about going into some kind of apple product production. Martinelli values the Newtown Pippin from the locals here to get the distinctive flavor of their products. My orchard is about 80% Pippen and 20% Decisions, and Granny Smith. I would like to ship you apples or juice at wholesale prices and get feedback on your methods and recipes. If enough interest is indicated I will let you know. Harvest starts in 14 days.

i think it'd have to be concentrate...? but they do ship 50lb sacks of grain, about the weight of 5 gallons....

i'd be slightly interested in this.....

My idea is to supply you with my organic apple juice near the wholesale cost of my current buyer, Martinelli. They reduced my status from contract to small farm and lowered their purchase price. The lower price has me thinking about going into some kind of apple product production. Martinelli values the Newtown Pippin from the locals here to get the distinctive flavor of their products. My orchard is about 80% Pippen and 20% Decisions, and Granny Smith. I would like to ship you apples or juice at wholesale prices and get feedback on your methods and recipes. If enough interest is indicated I will let you know. Harvest starts in 14 days.
What is your volume capabilities? What is your current pricing structure?

Cheers
Jay

i think it'd have to be concentrate...? but they do ship 50lb sacks of grain, about the weight of 5 gallons....

I checked into the shipping cost and it is prohibitive for any type of low-cost apple juice. My thoughts on this would be to create a concentrate by the method of freezing. The freeze vs distillation would seem to better preserve the flavor of the juice. This would reduce the weight by 75% and the concentrate needed to produce a gallon of cider would weigh about three pounds.

What is your volume capabilities? What is your current pricing structure?

Cheers
Jay
If I were to go commercial with this I would have access to 2,500 gallons of juice. The cost has not been identified however it would be very low. I am not considering making cider on this scale. I want to identify a process that produces a unique and highly desirable taste. If I can pass a test for potential customers I could go forward with a large-scale production.

Many of the orchards in the UK sell their juice directly to cider makers who go and pick it up themselves. I think you'll find some groups on FB that might be worth looking at to get some ideas.

If I were to go commercial with this I would have access to 2,500 gallons of juice. The cost has not been identified however it would be very low. I am not considering making cider on this scale. I want to identify a process that produces a unique and highly desirable taste. If I can pass a test for potential customers I could go forward with a large-scale production.
Jay
Pricing is going to be key for any of my customers large or small. Most of us have access to very high quality apple juice. I do have customers that would likely be interested if the pricing structure is right.

Feel free to Email me pricing breakdown and we can move from there.

[email protected]

Cheers
Jay

Back