Hi from Montana/South Korea.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghohn

Reaction score
I've been part of this site for quite some time but haven't formally introduced myself.

My name is Garrett. Been brewing for 13 blissful years now. Brewing got really serious/became a necessity when I moved to Korea 6 years ago. Imports were either nonexistent or cost prohibitive (still are expensive) so it was brew or die for me. Supplies and ingredients were stupidly scarce and my apartment was about 175 sq ft but I had a lot of free time so I began fashioning my own gear and malting my own barley as a way to stave off the shakes. Recently the prices and availability of a lot of supplies has come down to pedestrian levels. While I don't homemalt any longer, most of my gear and the ethos of my brewery has remained the same.

When back home in Montana off-the-grid, I brew barley wines on my rocket stove for aging in my crawl space. I've got beers from 3 years past now. I also got the sour itch and have been fermenting (and keg blending) Flander's Reds with some Roeselare. Thanks for listening!

I've made a couple of paid courses (located in my signature) that cover brewing in a tiny apt. Have a look if you're keen.

{Link removed until Vendor Membership purchased. -Mod}

10570543_10101814728441564_8866656779674288529_n.jpg

Welcome from the barley growing center of Montana. Would love to hear more about your malting.

Latest posts

Back