Hi from Cali, pics of future barnbrewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayway

Reaction score
Hi from Lincoln, CA! Only have 3 extract batches under my belt but I'm hooked, next batch is all grain and I can't wait.

Been working on a brewery/workshop in my dads barn. Barn originally was about 46'x36 with stalls on one side and a dirt floor. We poured 15 yds of concrete for a floor and framed off the room. Kicking myself for not taking progress pics up to this point. Slowly but surely were making progress and got most the electrical done and now were building the bar! Room is about 12'x45'.

looking in from front door.
img2199g.jpg

looking from the far wall to the front door.
img2205d.jpg

Back wall which will be the brewery with a handy drain we installed
img2201c.jpg

The old man and the frame of the bar
img2212wq.jpg

It's been a ton of work so far and so much more to do but it's been fun. A lot of the materials used have been reclaimed from other parts in the barn or just stuff my dad had laying around. Debating on building a chamber in the bar for keg dispensing or a converted mini fridge?? Suggestions welcome!

Looks like it's going to be an awesome setup. Wish I had a barn... grumble grumble

The part where he's standing in the last pic would be perfect for a kegerator or custom cold cabinet to house the kegs with lines to the row of taps on the bar. I think it's the pic forum where another member did this & it looks great!:mug:

The part where he's standing in the last pic would be perfect for a kegerator or custom cold cabinet to house the kegs with lines to the row of taps on the bar. I think it's the pic forum where another member did this & it looks great!:mug:

I'm thinking the cold cabinet route, we have the room so it would be a nice size and not so cramped as the mini fridges I see with 2 cornys. Could even make a shelf for cold glasses. Lines would go right through the bar top to a tower. Planning a concrete countertop so forming that would be a breeze.

That looks like it is going to be awesome and you are putting a lot of blood, sweat and tears in it. I'm in the process of gathering all the parts and building a keezer, location TBD! Anyway, my point is I'm going with a 14.8 cu.ft. and will start with a 4 tap set up and I don't have near the Man Cave you're going to have. A 14.8 will give me room to grow, more taps, and what the heck, room to lager and store bottled home brew in mean time, with a few pint glasses chilln'! I don't want to later be saying, "I wish I would've went bigger"! Can't wait to see it progress! Gunny!

Latest posts

Back